Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Support Request Date: Wed May 19unlocking database (Read 12910 times)
nipper

No personal text

Support Request Date: Wed May 19unlocking database
May 23rd, 2004 at 1:06pm
Print Post Print Post  
Has anyone had this proplem?  It has been 5 days and I am not getting a response back from Sesame's Support team regarding this.
Support Request Date: Wed May 19, 2004, 9:44 am

Summary: admin, hello not working

Nature of Request: Problem
Product: Sesame 1.0
Product Version: 1.03
Operating System: Windows XP
Operating System Specs:

Description of Problem:
1) I am getting no reponse when trying to enter server administration.  The passwords above are not working. I need to unlock a database what was locked when my computer was turned off (kids!). 

Also, when printing reports, one record is listed before the sorted list.  It seems to be a random record that is listed first on all my reports.

Thanks again for your help

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Support Request Date: Wed May 19unlocking data
Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2004 at 1:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
Nipper,

I get copies of Support requests submitted using the online form, and I did see yours go by. Most are answered within a few hours. The most frequent issue we've had is that a  support request is answered promptly, but is grabbed by the asker's spam filter, so the asker believes that tech support did not respond. Have you checked your spam box for the tech support response?

Meanwhile, I'll check with Tech Support on Monday and make sure that they did respond to your request. If they have a response on file, I'll ask them to send it again.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

nipper

No personal text

Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2004 at 1:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
I did not see a response go in my junk e-mail.  Maybe it got deleted.  Bad timing for me, My IT guy is meeting with me today to post reports to my web site.
Thanks for looking into this on Monday.
matt@sophisticatering.com

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - May 23rd, 2004 at 1:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
I helped Ray with the email response. Basically it asked if you have ever changed the administrator password from the default. It reminded that the password is case sensitive. It also described how to unlock a .db file from the command line:

C:\Sesame\Data> Sesame\Utilities\Lantica\sunlock.exe your_db.db

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

nipper

No personal text

Reply #4 - May 23rd, 2004 at 2:10pm
Print Post Print Post  
I did not see that response.   ???  I made no changes with respect to server administration and I know about the lower case issue.

IP Logged

nipper

No personal text

Reply #5 - May 23rd, 2004 at 2:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
This link is not working for me.

C:\Sesame\Data> Sesame\Utilities\Lantica\sunlock.exe your_db.db

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #6 - May 23rd, 2004 at 2:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Find the file sunlock.exe - it was installed with the rest of Sesame. It is usually in the C:\Sesame\Utilities\Lantica directory. Then CD to the directory where your .db file is kept. This is usually C:\Sesame\Data.  Then execute the sunlock.exe program with your .db file as its command line parameter. Substitue the correct paths to the correct files:

\Sesame\Utilities\Lantica\sunlock.exe \Sesame\Data\your_db.db

(Sorry I missed the leading backslash!). Remember to change the "your_db.db" to the correct filename.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

nipper

No personal text

Reply #7 - May 23rd, 2004 at 3:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
Great help!! this opened my data base.  Thank you for your help.  Any ideas about the report sorting thing where the first record is not sorted in all my reports?

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #8 - May 23rd, 2004 at 3:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
Is it always the same record? Is the value by which you are sorting blank in this record?

- Hammer
IP Logged

nipper

No personal text

Reply #9 - May 23rd, 2004 at 3:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
Yes, in all my reports which are catering menus, (about a dozen or so) sort properly in sesame however it places one record (sorted by name) at the top. ie 1 chicken item, then beef items and sorts properly after the first record.  It is a different item for each report but is the same item lands on top. ???

IP Logged

nipper

No personal text

Reply #10 - May 23rd, 2004 at 4:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
Here is how it looks:
Catering Menus By Sophisticatering.com

Plated dinners include our Chef's Selection of Hot Vegetables, Potato, Pasta or Rice, Fresh baked Rolls and Butter. China Service. Add on's to your menu are Soup, Salad, Desserts and Appetizers. (See our web menus for details)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R00100 FISH COD ROYAL     $13.45
Icelantic cod filets, crabmeat, bearnaise sauce and almonds. Served with Chef selected vegetables, potatoes, pasta or rice. Fresh baked rolls and garnish.

R800121 BEEF FLAT IRON STEAK     $21.85
Black Angus Flat Iron Steak Grilled and brushed with Chili Flakes, Olive Oil, Garlic Lemon & Oregano. Demi-Glace. Chef selected hot vegetables and starch. Fresh baked rolls and butter.

R00053 BEEF PEPPERSTEAK     $11.95
Tenderloin Tips, bell peppers in burgundy sauce. Served with Chef selected vegetables, potatoes, pasta or rice. Fresh baked rolls and garnish.

R00054 BEEF PRIME RIB     $14.70
Served with Chef selected potatoes,pasta or rice, Hot Vegetables. Fresh baked rolls and garnish.

R00060 BEEF ROAST TENDERLOIN     $17.95
USDA choice or better, hand carved. Served with Chef selected vegetables, potatoes, pasta or rice. Fresh baked rolls and garnish.

R80091 BEEF ROASTED NEW YORK SIRLOIN     $17.45
Whole Aged Roasted New York Steak with Port Marinated Wild Mushrooms, Demi Glaze. Served with Chef selected vegetables, potatoes, pasta or rice. Fresh baked rolls and garnish.

R00052 BEEF ROULADE     $12.95
Thin sliced top sirloin rolled with bacon, pickles, vegetables and dijon mustard. Served with

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #11 - May 23rd, 2004 at 4:53pm
Print Post Print Post  
You should probably wait for Tech Support on this one. These things tend to be data specific. Extra spaces and such. They will likely ask for your application.

- Hammer
IP Logged

nipper

No personal text

Reply #12 - May 23rd, 2004 at 5:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
I checked the extra space issue first, thinking I must have a space before the first letter but it is not the case.  Each report has one record listed first for some odd reason.  Thanks for your interest.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #13 - May 23rd, 2004 at 6:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I checked the extra space issue first, thinking I must have a space before the first letter but it is not the case.  Each report has one record listed first for some odd reason.  Thanks for your interest.

This type of thing is quite difficult to troubleshoot blind. Please send your app to support@lantica.com so they can take a look at it.

- Hammer
IP Logged