Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Graphics problem since updating 1.0.2 (Read 3928 times)
rtaaop

No personal text

Graphics problem since updating 1.0.2
Mar 24th, 2004 at 9:45pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have a graphics field. The graphics are in an external iomega file. When I try to update a form I now get either a c++ runtime error or a frozen database. I have always gotten an error with a graphics file over 325 pixels. However, since updating to 1.0.2 I can't update any graphic file. Sesame sees the file, asks if I want to accept the file and when I accept, I get the freeze or the c++ runtime library message. When I click on fix it, I get the "microsoft has encounted an error" message and shuts me down after asking if I want to send a report. Anyone else have a problem like this? Thanks for your help.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Graphics problem since updating 1.0.2
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2004 at 10:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
Do you have the same problem with the same graphics file if you access it on your local hard drive, or only on the zip drive?

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

rtaaop

No personal text

Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2004 at 12:07am
Print Post Print Post  
I don't have a problem accessing the graphics file either on the zip or my hard drive. I have Sesame set up to go to the "G:" drive or the Iomega zip. Sesame pulls us the particular graphic in every instance. It's only when I "accept" the graphic to the form that we get the freezes and error messages. Previously, I found a bug when trying to accept a graphics file into a form which Lantica fixed. If I wanted to test this process from my hard drive, what would be the simpliest way in your opinion. I have several hundred graphics on the zip drive. I suppose I could create a folder on the harddrive, transfer the files from the zip to the folder and change the location for these to the "C:" drive. But, what caused the malfunction is the question. Thanks for your response.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2004 at 1:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am not asking you to move your graphics to your harddrive permanently - just move one of them so we can differentiate whether the format of the graphics file is the problem or whether accessing iomega zip drive is the problem. In either case, we want to fix the problem as opposed to changing how you permanently use Sesame.

IP Logged

rtaaop

No personal text

Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2004 at 2:30pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you for your response. I have moved a few graphics to c:\acatchall, changed to that drive in Sesame with the same results as before. The Microsoft message reads in part "Sesame.exe has encountered a problem," etc. Again, Sesame finds the graphic, pulls it into the form and when I click on "accept," we get the above microsoft message. Each time I have to "unlock" the database. Yesterday, the first sign of trouble began with a "c++ runtime error," which offered the opportunity to "fix" the problem. After accepting the offer, I then received the message from Microsoft "Sesame.exe" has encountered a problem."
I hope this is enough info to look into the problem.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2004 at 2:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
Unfortunately, no that isn't quite enough information. It looks like the graphic file itself is the problem. Can I ask you to send one of these files to support@lantica.com and mark it to my attention. Make sure it is one of the files that always gives you grief.

Also, I assume you are in Runtime (data entry) when this happens, or are you in SDesigner designing the form?

IP Logged

rtaaop

No personal text

Reply #6 - Mar 25th, 2004 at 6:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have emailed you a few of my graphics files. I think the files are fine. When I shell out to a graphics program in Q&A they work fine. I explained in the email that I am always in Sesame (data entry) never in design when accessing the graphic files. I have tried several different graphics, all with the same result. Prior to updating 1.0.2 I have about 300 graphics already in my form. Thanks for looking into this.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - Mar 25th, 2004 at 7:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
It is a problem in Sesame. We are looking into it.

IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #8 - Mar 27th, 2004 at 2:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
I've been getting the same problem. Sesame crashes when we hit the Accept button on a .jpg image being loaded from a  mapped drive. (we havent tried loading from a local drive, dont think it will make a difference)

We gave up on Sesame after a couple of crashes (for the day).

Thanks for looking into this.
Steve

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #9 - Mar 27th, 2004 at 2:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
We found the problem. We broke it when we fixed the problem with Static Pictures not scaling correctly for print. Sorry.  Embarrassed

It's fixed for 1.0.3. Meanwhile, to edit image elements, you can use F6 to just type in the image filename, rather than using the Image Browser.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #10 - Mar 27th, 2004 at 3:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you!

Steve

IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #11 - Apr 4th, 2004 at 10:54pm
Print Post Print Post  
fYI, after using the f6 workaround for the above bug, it seems the image bug appears worse than we thought.  BMP images are being displayed in the incorrect colors and some images (.bmp and .jpg) dont show up at all.

They work fine in other image viewing programs.

Just FYi. you may have already fixed this bug along with the above glitch.

Thanks,
Steve

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #12 - Apr 5th, 2004 at 12:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
Can you please send two of the .bmp files to support@lantica.com marked to my attention. Please send one .bmp that has the wrong colors and one that does not show up at all.

IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #13 - Apr 5th, 2004 at 4:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Mark. I'll send them within the next hour.

They should be black/white images. They are 'captures' from a palm pilot used to grab customers signatures for my Invoice app.

The text should be black on a white background. They all show up perfectly in Acdsee image viewer and MS Paint.

Thanks again for your attention and support.

Steve

IP Logged

rtaaop

No personal text

Reply #14 - Apr 5th, 2004 at 5:06pm
Print Post Print Post  
I had no problem using the f6 workaround; no distortions of graphics using .Jpg index.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print