Normal Topic Error message during tab creation (Read 603 times)
HP

No personal text

Error message during tab creation
May 31st, 2004 at 8:10pm
Print Post Print Post  
8)
Have created several tab pages, have enlarged the overall tab size, backfilled color, and added a number of fields to each page.  After working on the 3rd page, keep getting the error fl_line_style0: could not create GDI pen  with an "OK" box below and in center of error message.  This locks up Sesame, whereupon I use "CTRL" + "ALT" + "DEL" keys to end program. After I 've restarted application, can proceed with further work until system locks up again after several more changes. Am using WinME with 256 Mg RAM.  Application was created from scratch in Sesame 1.0.3 with background graphics galore.  Can send you copy of this file if you can help.

Henri Laborde (714) 280-2332 or HTel: (714) 377-4459

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Error message during tab creation
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2004 at 10:32am
Print Post Print Post  
When you say "background graphics galore", do you mean lots of static images on your Form? How many? Have you tried this on an operating system other than ME?

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

HP

No personal text

Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2004 at 2:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
Have not tried this on any operating system than ME.  Have never had problems with ME and have used it for about 2 years.  Machine is very clean, with about 90% avail resources in 256 MG of RAM.  Yes have approx. 4 static pics near top.  But never had problem during their creation or modification.  This problem only seems to arise during tampering with the Tab Forms.  I have adjusted color on these repeatedly (changing from one color to another) and have added 12 fields to each of the now 4 tab forms.  I can send you a copy of the file if you wish, with the supporting graphic.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2004 at 2:34pm
Print Post Print Post  
Go ahead and send it to Support.

GDI resources are not related to RAM. They are internal handles managed  by the operating system and the 98-ME track is far worse at handling their own internal resources than the NT-2000 track. We'll put it in the debugger and see what's up.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged