Normal Topic Reconsiling - how is this supposed to work? (Read 585 times)
spanitz

--Arbeit macht das Leben
suess--

Reconsiling - how is this supposed to work?
Jun 1st, 2004 at 8:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
I think this might be a variation of my other question about reconsiling...  However on my stand-alone single-user install of Sesame, AND on our client-server install of Sesame, the program seems to be reluctant to reconsile.

I make the changes in the Designer.  Save.  ESC back to the main Designer screen and don't have any forms open. Use the Application / Reconsile feature.  Save.  Exit Designer and go into Sesame.  Open the file.  The changes might or might not be there - it is always a surprise.

What am I not doing correctly, or what trouble-shooting can I start?

Eric A. Spanitz&&Spanitz Consulting, Inc.&&www.spanitz.com
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Reconsiling - how is this supposed to work?
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2004 at 8:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
Make sure you are reconciling and opening the file you think you are. If you have multiple copies of your app floating around, you may be hitting the wrong one.

Do you get any errors anywhere when you do this?

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

spanitz

--Arbeit macht das Leben
suess--

Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2004 at 8:58pm
Print Post Print Post  
No errors.  At first I thought this happened when I would edit a database that someone was already in searching or adding data... but it happens on my single-user setup, too.

I was trying to remove a field restriction ?? for the "State" field.  The database is a Q&A4-DOS convert.

Eric A. Spanitz&&Spanitz Consulting, Inc.&&www.spanitz.com
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2004 at 9:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
The only times we've seen this kind of behavior, it turned out to be a case of mistaken identity. The person simply wasn't reconciling what they thought they were. They were connecting to a server when they thought they were standalone. They were accidentally accessing an extra copy of the db out on a mapped hard drive. They were reconciling fine, then opening the wrong copy of the db to check. Etc.

Make sure that you are doing what you think you are doing. It's easy to get tangled up when there are multiple copies of the same files floating around.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged