Normal Topic Adding multiple field values (Read 853 times)
Davidb

No personal text

Adding multiple field values
May 29th, 2004 at 1:59am
Print Post Print Post  
My applicaiton requires the values from a single field in one database to be lookuped and sumed then the answer posted to the a field in another database.

I have tried using xlookup but am having trouble getting the requried result.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I could approach this?

David

IP Logged

Justin_ICC

Re: Adding multiple field values
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2004 at 7:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
When you say this didn't work, were you testing it in preview mode or in a real database? The X-functions do not work in preview mode.

IP Logged

Davidb

No personal text

Reply #2 - May 31st, 2004 at 8:38pm
Print Post Print Post  
Justin, thanks for your response. I learnt the hard way  about a month ago that Xstatements and XFunctions do not work in preview mode.

I probably have not explained the problem correctly. I am able to get xlookup returning a value from another database.

What I am having trouble with is to have xlookup return all values for a certain customer from a certain field (money). The database tracks job performed for each customer and idealy I would like to have an other database that pull in summary information from the job database.

Example:
Customer ABC has "10 Jobs" closed and "3 Jobs" open and all jobs have a value of "$12,450.00

David

IP Logged

Justin_ICC

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2004 at 7:06pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - month end was hectic over here - I have done something similar to that except I was pulling up payments from another database - See the code from http://www.lantica.com/Forum2/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=gen_disc;action=display... I haven't finished testing it fully but conceptually its correct - I plan on posting it to the examples section once it is fully tested.

Let me know if this helps at all - if you have problems understanding it let me know and i'll find a way to adapt it to your application (good learning experience for me and something I need to learn anyways Smiley)

IP Logged

Davidb

No personal text

Reply #4 - Jun 1st, 2004 at 10:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Justin I will digest and let you know

David

IP Logged