Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Sesame crashes (Read 4444 times)
Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Sesame crashes
Reply #15 - Jun 1st, 2004 at 9:54pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
ALso, should we consider it a timing issue? if a user presses F10 while a programmer is saving a .dsr?

How about if Norton Antivirus is "stalling" the .dsr save and it makes Sesame temporarily "vulnerable" for a short time?

I'm going to save my .dsr as a new app and try to recreate the bug.

Thanks,
Steve in Texas

You can send me anything that will reproduce the bug. We've got high-speed so size is not a problem.

The timing should have nothing to do with it. The db and the dsr literally have no idea that the other exists except during particular operations which you are not performing (like reconcile or creating a dsr from a db). The dsr should be able to take all day to save, play three games of chess with Antivirus and acquire a Liberal Arts degree without affecting the db in any way.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #16 - Jun 1st, 2004 at 10:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
I believe Sesame can do all that in 1 day! Smiley

You may have missed my last post. I think we were posting at the same time. Just FYI.

I'll email the files to your attention in a few minutes.

Ps. I reboot the server machine and restarted Sesame. Still no luck!

Good luck on this one.

Steve in Texas

IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #17 - Jun 1st, 2004 at 10:54pm
Print Post Print Post  
Erika, I just emailed the App to you.

I crashed when I tried to do a preview mode (blue screen of death) and was forced to reboot. After that I could not open the .dsr file! Unlocking using Admin panel and the Sunlock.exe tool did not work at all. (Also the file size had shrunk from 7MB to 1MB on the .ddt file. )

I tried to overwrie the .dsr file with a new one by using "redesign this application", but I keep getting the message "Database C:\sesame\data\rugstudio.dsr failed to open" so I named it Rugstudio2.dsr and included this in the zip file.

The problem is still evident in the Rugstudio2 file. It does not need to be run on 2 different computers to see the bug. You can open the .dsr and .db on the same machine.

Thanks for your help!

Steve in Texas.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #18 - Jun 2nd, 2004 at 10:48am
Print Post Print Post  
Steve,

When Support gets in, they'll give me the files and I'll see what's going on. You don't need to reinstall Sesame. It would be truly magical if your dsr had also managed to write binary into the executable!  Grin

- Hammer
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #19 - Jun 2nd, 2004 at 11:28am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
1. When a users is connected to a server and his pc is idle for an extended amount of time(1 hour?), the connection to the server "closes" or gets lost but the form remains open.

Steve,

We ran an overnight Client/Server test last night from Win2000 to Win2000. No inherit timeout or other problems was seen. Is the server you are running across the internet your machine. Are you able to check its settings?

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #20 - Jun 2nd, 2004 at 12:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Erika,

Thanks for the confirmation. I hope you can 'fix' the magical bug. Smiley

Steve in Texas

Mark,

This problem may be a symptom of the bug that Erika is looking into as I am seeing some similarities between the two problems.

I was at home working in the dsr and then saved, while the db was conncted but 'inactive' (also running on my home machine.) When I alt-tab to the db, i was kicked to the tree (Sesame splash screen) and then could not connect to the server (maybe even a crash, which led me to believe it was a lost connection issue, but I now realize its the same issue we were having in the early stages yesterday at the office, which grew from "kicking out to tree", to complete crash).

I bet Erika will find the "magical" bug and this 'server issues' will go away. If not, I'll do some testing, as it was noticed on my home -> office connection.

Thanks, as always for helping me out.

Steve in Texas

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #21 - Jun 2nd, 2004 at 12:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
Steve,

Try not to work with a dsr and a db open on the same server until we find what is creating this connection. We see it too, and are working on it right now.

- Hammer
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #22 - Jun 2nd, 2004 at 1:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
Found and fixed in 1.0.4.

This was a good catch, Steve!  Grin

Until you have 1.0.4, don't use Designer and Runtime on the same server. In 1.0.3, saving a layout is causing Designer to broadcast a message to all the attached clients that they need to update themselves. This is a leftover from when Designer always started its own server and the only attached client was its own Preview client.

- Hammer
IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #23 - Jun 2nd, 2004 at 1:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
Wow, You all are FAST! Can't wait till 1.0.4. I'll be sitting on the Lantica download page tapping the refresh button for the next few days Smiley Just kidding.

Thanks again for your quick response.

Steve in Texas

ps. I'll reply to Mark about the Sever disconnects after I update Sesame, but I'm certain this will fix it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print