Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) overwriting (Read 3416 times)
Kerinst

If you can't do it right
lemme do it wrong for
you

Re: overwriting
Reply #15 - Jun 15th, 2004 at 2:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
first, NOBODY HURT ME PLEASE   Grin
didn't mean to start a war hehehe

I bypassed the overwrite in the file itself, but I can't bypass it when you go to retrieve specs... I personally can live with it but nobody knows the whiney voice I must deal with on a daily basis when the data entryperson can not remember that end-shift or deleting all the characters is required...  Cheesy  think of a dentist's drill being ran across a chalkboard and you are almost there *insert chill in spine here*

I created an add/remove field so all she needs to overwrite is the part number she is looking for and that has already proven itself extremely useful.  Now all I need to do is figure out a way to clear the entire form when she hits F7...

Its been kind of funny having her search for a number I know is in there, but when she forgets to delete the previous search criteria she says its not in the computer and tries to add it again as a new number.  OH well I will get through this  Smiley

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #16 - Jun 15th, 2004 at 3:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Now all I need to do is figure out a way to clear the entire form when she hits F7...

When you hit F7, it presents you with retrieve spec with the all previous retireve criteria intact. When this happens, just hit F3 and it will clear the form to take new retrieve info.

There is a difference between F7 used in Q&A and F7 used in Sesame.  F7 in Q&A saves the existing record and present retrive spec again with existing retrieve spec, While in Sesame, you have to hit F10 to save and then hit F7 to present retrieve spec again. Am I clear?

IP Logged

GW

No personal text

Reply #17 - Jun 15th, 2004 at 3:53pm
Print Post Print Post  
Kerinst, we have a similiar situation in our pricebook. We have to udate our material prices each month from our suppliers.
To avoid getting incorrect prices by not deleteing or overwriting the existing prices I did the following.

LE of purchase price and updated
I added 4 additional LE's (read only) named prev date1, prev date2, prev  price1 and prev price2.

on entry of Purchase price

If @Update
then
Prev Price1 = Purchase Price
Prev Date1 = Updated
Prev Date2 = Prev Date1
Prev Price2 = Prev Price1
Clear(Purchase Price, Updated)

Quick and simple, clears the LE and gives a past history of pricing.
hope it helps

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #18 - Jun 15th, 2004 at 6:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
Kerinst,

The On Retrieve Spec Open event allows you to run code whenever the Retrieve Spec comes up. Using this event, you can clear any or all of the elements.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print