Normal Topic One more printing Question (Read 678 times)
proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

One more printing Question
Jun 21st, 2004 at 6:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have it set to print to 8.5 * 11 now I think, but on the screen the text label is at the very top, but when I print it it starts about 1-3/8" down the page and the label at the bottom on the screen prints about the same up from the bottom of the page like theres a header and footer setting?? Question ibeing is there anyway to start the printing at the top of the page? ???

Thanks for the quick replies

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: One more printing QuestionI
Reply #1 - Jun 21st, 2004 at 7:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi proudpoppy

I am just curious about what and how you are printing?

What screen are you on?

What actions are you taking to print? 

What code do you have behind Print Button, if using something like that vs. a TreeMenu option?

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Re: One more printing Question
Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2004 at 1:44pm
Print Post Print Post  
In Q & A I had a form for work orders that was designed to print out on a 8.5*11 form feed paper, when I brought that file into sesame it prints at about 50% the size it did in Q & A, so I was trying to design a form in sdesigner that when it printed it would print on a 8.5 * 11 paper as Q & A did,not sure I going about it the right way, in access you have to do it as a report, in Q & A however what you designed on the screen printed out as designed,I don't really understand how sesame does it.I'm just using the tree option to print,"print form to default without background" I work on the layout in sdesigner then preview application and print: and my text on the screen starts at the top of my form when it prints on the printer it drops to about 1-3/8" down from the top.I have alot on this form to print so I really need the whole page.-/

Thanks for the replies.

IP Logged

jyellis
Members

No personal text

Re: One more printing Question
Reply #3 - Jun 23rd, 2004 at 6:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
FYI:  I had lots of trouble printing straight from the "forms"  So I forced my self to program my printout with the use the "printstring" command, through a command button on the form.  Very time consuming initially but the results were well worth it.

IP Logged