Normal Topic @immediate change error found (Read 680 times)
Kerinst

If you can't do it right
lemme do it wrong for
you

@immediate change error found
Jun 23rd, 2004 at 1:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
I was playing around with @immediate change last night when I noticed something weird, if you need to add more than 9 to a number and have the element programmed for @immediate change it will add the first digit you type then it will add the set of digits and continues like this

an example: I added 165 gallons of grease to our inventory, so as I typed 165 Sesame added 1 gallon with the first, then added 16 gallons, and finally added 165, for a total of 182 gallons added to inventory

I fixed this by using the at element exit instead but thought I should mention it anyway.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: @immediate change error found
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2004 at 1:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
Kerinst,

That's not an error. Immediate Change means just that. Your program will run each and every time you type a key, immediately.  What you describe is exactly what should be happening.

OnElementChange may be the event you actually want. It runs when you leave an element, if that element has changed.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2004 at 8:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hmmm....very interesting observation Kerinst.

Glad you did that. That opens up some interesting possibilities to potentially solve some navigation problems for me.   I would not have put that type of programming in ImmediateChange Event, and would probably never thought of using it like that.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

Kerinst

If you can't do it right
lemme do it wrong for
you

Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2004 at 12:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you Hammer, I had meant that I switched to on element change at the end of my last post.  I'm still learning to program here so I've been playing with everything and seeing what I may be able to do for our application needs to speed things up and make them error proof as best I can  Smiley

IP Logged