Normal Topic Disappointment (Read 781 times)
saw_germany

KISS (Keep it short and
simple)

Disappointment
Jul 20th, 2004 at 7:43am
Print Post Print Post  
Anybody here, who is disappointed like me?
After testing sesame some month I must state, that sesame is not ready for professional purposes. Sesame works not stable in a net, there are too much crashes (net and stand alone), too much bugs, processing speed is too slow (especially in use with many xlu commands) etc. I am interested to know, who agrees?   

(How long will it take, until Sesame has the level of Q&A?)

Kind regards and hoping on version 2 or 3!

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Disappointment
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2004 at 1:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
We've actually seen x commands being quite snappy, apart from the first one, which may have to load an application. There are a few tricks to getting the fastest performance from multiple X commands. I just wrote a tip on this subject for Inside Sesame. It includes some techniques that can dramatically increase your speed, depending on what you are doing and how many records you have. If you get Inside Sesame, you can just look it over and see if anything helps to speed you up. If not, you can describe your situation, and I'll try to offer you some speed tips.

You are using the current version of Sesame, right?

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2004 at 8:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
??? At first I was real disappointed with Sesame for months I just watched it crash {sdesigner} but the more I used it the more I like it, its does take some getting use to, it is not Q & A but I do believe when I have mastered the basic's it will be better, sbasic  makes it really easy to program for me and having all my programming translated into Sesame was a big plus, I believe that I was expecting them to take Q & A and make sesame look & feel like it, then improve on it, it came as a shock when I first saw it. But I do try to keep in mind we are in version 1.??? And I'm very grateful someone has taken the time & expense to make a successor product to Q & A , when Sesame hits version 4X we will be rocking & rolling !! Wink Lantica tech-support is second to none, they are the best, I have received answers in hours, Try that with microsoft. Great people great product, it can only get better from here.

IP Logged

bargo

No personal text

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2004 at 8:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
I also was disappointed with the programe. Have used Q&A for years, the main software for our company. Our requirements vary and over the years I have managed to create what we need.
But I keep on - one item/part per day - one day I will update all of ours records.

Rosheen

IP Logged