Normal Topic Invoice System (Read 642 times)
Warren_S.A

No personal text

Invoice System
Jul 21st, 2004 at 2:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have slowly being trying to create and invoice system
for a credit Invoice and a Later payment.

Unfortunetly I am batteling.
I have Slowly Being creating a form with over 100 elements each with its own programing.(the result is one slow moster)

I have also looked at the Idea of creating an "add" button for a subform( The support at Lantica has been AMAZING) but the problem is that this creates lots of Stock Entries.

The Problem
If there are 5000 entries in a month of 25 items an invoice then I will have over 1 million entries in my STOCK file by the end of the year    ???

Does anyone have a way to do this as Its driving me nuts.

HERE IS THE CODE FOR THE ADD BUTTON - FROM LANTICA SUPPORT.
The development team have had a look at this and come up with this code which
will replace what you currently have:

var nn as int
var vRcnt as Int

nn = -1
vRcnt = @FormResultSetTotal("stock")
If(vRcnt = 1)
{
If(@FormFieldValue("stock", "part number", 1) = "")
{
nn = 1
}
}
If(nn = -1)
{
nn = @FormNewRecord("stock")
}
Formfieldvalue("stock","part number", nn, part number)
ForceRedraw()

GOOD LUCK

IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Re: Invoice System
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2004 at 8:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have not got to that part of my application yet, but I believe I understand what you are trying to do, I believe you are trying to skin the cat from the wrong end, study up a little bit about relational databases and then rethink what your trying to do, the way we done it in Q & A is not the best way in Sesame.It would take a lot more explaining then I can put on here.I had a inventory database in Q & A that had over 100 elements on a form, programming in every element, but in Sesame it will have to be totally redesigned from a entirely different angle.

IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Re: Invoice System
Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2004 at 2:06pm
Print Post Print Post  
Warren,

You NEED inside sesame if your building an invoice system. The beautiful thing about Sesame is that you can custom taylor it COMPLETELY to fit your needs and build on it as your skills grow.

Be sure to get the 3 part issue that came out around March, April and May ( I think). It will explain everything from building the forms, to programing, to printing. Its a must have!

Steve

IP Logged