Normal Topic SESAME IS CRASHING (Read 887 times)
Warren_S.A

No personal text

SESAME IS CRASHING
Jul 26th, 2004 at 12:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
I HAVE SESAME CRASHING ALL OVER THE PLACE.
I AM USING SUBFORMS AND PICK LIST TOGETHER AND THIS HAS BECOME A DISASTER.

THE CODE I AM USING IS THE POPUPMENU SYSTEM WITH 2 - 3 LEVELS.

WHAT THE PROGRAM IS DOING IS REARANGEING MY FILES INTO OTHER FOLDERS.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS PLEASE CAN I HAVE THEM AS I AM DEPERATE AND WORRIED AS MY DEADLINE IS COMING FAST AND I AM WORRIED TO SAY THE LEAST.

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed ??? ??? Shocked Angry Angry
NEED I SAY MORE

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: SESAME IS CRASHING
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2004 at 1:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
Warren,

The details you provide don't give us much insight as to where the specific problem might be. I know that you have been in regular contact with Tech Support  as you worked on your project, and that they are currently looking at your most recent set of support requests. Raymond and/or Alec should be getting in touch with you again shortly.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2004 at 1:38pm
Print Post Print Post  
Warren,

I just looked at some of your earlier support requests. By "moving your files", do you mean the way that a database will appear underneath another database on the menu tree? If so, as Support explained a few days ago, this happens (and is supposed to happen) when you create a subform. By telling Sesame that one database contains subrecords of another database, you cause Sesame to show the hierarchy, as you have defined it, on the menu tree.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2004 at 4:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
Warren,

The problem causing your crash has been found and fixed. In one of your field exit events you have a deferred macro call *@DeferredMacro", later in the same event you have an @AskUser call. The event loop that allows the user to answer the question in the @AskUser call was also allowing the deferred macro to run before programming was complete. Because the macro it invokes closes the form (I assume, you did not send the macro), and programming on that form is still actively running (because it is waiting on the user to answer the question in the @AskUser call), Sesame goes down - defeating the point of the deferred macro in the first place.

I fixed Sesame so that the event loop in @AskUser does not allow deferred macros to run. It will be available in the next release. In the meantime, to work around the problem you can either move the @DeferredMacro call so that it does not get called until after the @AskUser funtion has been called. Move the @DeferredMacro call so that it does not fall in the same logical section as the @AskUser function, or eliminate either function from the event. Any of these work-arounds will suffice.

In general, until the next release, remember that an @AskUser call may prematurely allow a deferred macro to run. To prevent this, always make sure that a @DeferredMacro call appears logically after any @AskUser calls within any programming that is likely to be invoked on the same initial event. There will be a note about this on the Workarounds page shortly.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Warren_S.A

No personal text

Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2004 at 5:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
THANKS FOR THE GREAT SUPPORT.
Grin

IP Logged