Normal Topic pcAnyWhere issues (Read 735 times)
Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

pcAnyWhere issues
Aug 6th, 2004 at 9:10pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am doing remote Sesame support with pcAnyWhere and having Sesame problems. 

The problem that I am seeing is that I cannot select anything from combo boxes in the designer.   Cannot change the names of fields, forms, databases, reports,  in the database manager.

If I want to change a font, color, toggle ReadOnly, etc either the options to choose from do not display, or if they do dropdown in a display, moving the mouse into the column to make a selection closes the list, keeping the initial value. 

Same results on different account sites, different OS at their end.  All other programs on all systems behave properly using pcAnyWhere. 

I don't know enough about what goes on under the covers of pcAnyWhere, but I have been able to use it reliably for years with all other applications.

Reduced colors down to 256, using TCP/IP connections.
OS used are Win98SE, Win2000, Win95.  Versions of pcAnywhere are 9.2, and 10.5.

I know that some "standard" Windows keys do not work in Sesame, so I suspect this may be related to the way Sesame interprets I/O.

Don't know what is different about Sesame, only need to know:
What is needed to correct it so that pcAnyWhere is a useable tool again?

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: pcAnyWhere issues
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2004 at 11:51am
Print Post Print Post  
We don't have pcAnywhere. We may have to look around or set up a testbed before we can answer your question. I remember that Q&A had a similar issue with pcAnywhere, where certain keystrokes just wouldn't go through.

I suspect it may be a time lag issue. pcAnywhere can create an I/O lag, which may be making the dropdown menus think you've released the mouse and moved on. Try this. Click on or Tab into ReadOnly to set the focus there. Then, press the spacebar. See if the menu opens and stays open. If it does, you should be able to select.

Let me know what happens.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: pcAnyWhere issues
Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2004 at 2:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
Looks like you may not need to do that......I have been able to do some more work on this......

I have updated video drivers on clients machines.  Problem is gone on Win95 and Win98 systems and using pcAnyWhere 10 or higher.

Still have problem on client with Win2000 Pro using pcAnyWhere 9.2.  But Symantec (remember them?) lists 9.2 as not compatible with WIN2K.  Will not be able to do anymore on that account until they come back in on Monday.  I have updated video drivers on that system also, but still cannot do combo boxes.

Sorry if false alarm.....stay tuned....

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged