Normal Topic Ghost Element (Read 1052 times)
proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Ghost Element
Aug 18th, 2004 at 4:57pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have a tabbed form with subforms and only on one of them with line items displaying I get a ghost element showing up on the form, it only shows up in add mode and goes away when you click on the total line items element, it causes no problems other then visibility and I can't get it to show up in Sdesigner, not worried about this was just wondering if anyone else has seen this.       Wink

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Ghost Element
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2004 at 5:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
You may have an element hidden behind another element, or under the tabs themselves. You may have to move things out of the way in Designer until it shows itself.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2004 at 5:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
I removed all elements from the tab form and could fine nothing, so I moved elements from other tabs in the general area where it shows up still nothing, so I deleted the tab page created a new one and put everything back, reconciled and its still there   Angry  its shows up when you click in the first element of the line item subform as a dotted black box, then when your done entering items used and click in the total box it disappears.   Undecided , this form was totally built in Sdesigner new, nothing from Q & A lingering on. Like I said no problem just thought it was worth a mention.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Aug 18th, 2004 at 5:44pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hmmm. It may be a drawing artifact appearing in the wrong place. I didn't pick up in your first post that there was a table subform involved. We'll see if there's something causing the focus box to draw off base, or something like that.

- Hammer
IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Reply #4 - Aug 18th, 2004 at 6:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Done some more experimenting and found that in search and update mode this happens on all forms with subforms on the tabbed pages.When you enter the first element in the sub form a black dotted box will light up somewhere on the tabbed page sometimes around another element, if you have several elements on the page my tab page only has two elements the subform element, and the "Totals Element" the rest of the tab page is blank that why I noticed it, the other tabbed pages with subforms have more elements on them and the ghost image goes around them and unless you really paying attention you'll never spot it.Maybe this will help you spot it.If you want to see my "DB" I be happy to send it.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #5 - Aug 18th, 2004 at 6:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
That's okay. It's just the focus highlight losing track of where it's meant to draw for a moment. We'll look for it. Thanks!

- Hammer
IP Logged