Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Use Report To Address Envelope (Read 5889 times)
SpencerWulwick
Members

Re: Use Report To Address Envelope
Reply #15 - Feb 11th, 2005 at 10:05pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ray -

I already had this set to "Envelope Feeder."

When it didn't work originally - I did try changing it to "Automatically Select" but that didn't make any difference, so I  changed it back to "Envelope Feeder."

No cigar!

- Spencer

** Practice random kindness & senseless acts of beauty!
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #16 - Feb 11th, 2005 at 10:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Spencer,

In the settings for the Printer on the Device Settings tab there is a choice under Form to Tray assignments which is Manual Feed(Tray 1), What is that set to on your computer?

If it is set to envelope, set it to something else, and then try the code again with the PrintPagePaper(30) call in the code.

If that does not work, try changing Auto Select to something other than envelopes and re-testing.

You may be interested to know that Mark just got done adding a new command to SBasic that lets you set which Paper tray the printer should use paper from. It will be available in the next release.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

SpencerWulwick
Members

Reply #17 - Feb 17th, 2005 at 7:07am
Print Post Print Post  
Ray -

I'm glad to hear the new command for paper source will be released.  I hope it's made available, soon, through a download. 

Already, I had been considering purchasing a new printer to resolve the problem.  It would be nice to save the $2500 (or so) that it would cost me, since my HP 5 LaserJet works just fine.  lol

Thanks!

By the way, I had been away for a few days (coordinating a "reunion" in Tamarac, Florida) so, now that I am back, I will play around a litttle more with the Windows printer setups to, hopefully, take care of my immediate need.

- Spencer

** Practice random kindness & senseless acts of beauty!
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #18 - Feb 17th, 2005 at 1:30pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Ray -

I'm glad to hear the new command for paper source will be released.  I hope it's made available, soon, through a download. 

It'll be in 1.1.1. I was just told by the docs team that it got in too late to be in the docs. So, I will write it up here on the forum.
Quote:
Already, I had been considering purchasing a new printer to resolve the problem.  It would be nice to save the $2500 (or so) that it would cost me, since my HP 5 LaserJet works just fine.  lol

Even without the new command, you should be able to specify the paper size and tell the printer (via its properties dialog) to use the appropriate tray based on the requested paper size. Testing using an LJ2100 here, we have had success using that technique. In either case, there should be no need to buy a new printer.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print