Normal Topic PAGE MARGINS & ORIENTATION (Read 1764 times)
Louis Galvao

"Sufferin' Succatash"

PAGE MARGINS & ORIENTATION
Feb 17th, 2005 at 11:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am trying to set up my report to default to Landscape and set Margins in the Program Layout, Global Code directly in the report as follows:

//PRINT PAGE MARGINS & LANDSCAPE ORIENTATION

PrintPageMargin(70,5,70,5)
PrintPageOrientation(2)

When I save this and preview, there is no change as the report defaults to portrait with a standard 1/4" margin.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Louis

Louis Galvao

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: PAGE MARGINS & ORIENTATION
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2005 at 12:51pm
Print Post Print Post  
LFG,

Those commands only affect printing from SBasic, such as PrintString. They have no affect on Reports. Reports go to HTML, so the orientation is controlled by your browser. After you preview, go to your browser's Page Setup and select Landscape. Then, when you Print from the browser, it will print in Landscape mode.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Louis Galvao

"Sufferin' Succatash"

Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2005 at 4:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hammer:

I was aware of changing these settings in the browser.

However, I was trying to hard code these settings at the report level so that a user does not have to change orientations.

What's interesting is that changes in the browser to the page margins are retained for every report printed from Sesame (including any web site page) - problem # 1 fixed.

However, changes to the orientation must still be made to any reports required to be Landscape as the browser always reverts to the Portrait mode.

You mentioned printing from Sbasic.  I assume this is printing from Sesame re: forms, etc.  Where do you program these PrintString's ? 

Thanks,

Louis

Louis Galvao

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2005 at 4:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
PrintString can be used anywhere programming can be run. The most common uses are a command button that prints information from a record(s) or in a Mass Update that runs through a batch of records, printing information from them.

For some examples of using PrintString, see the Programming Guide pg 184-188. The 1.1 Supplement has some additional printing commands, such as PrintBox, that were added after the original documentation was printed.

The Sesame Seasons sample application also includes examples of using PrintString to create documents like Invoices.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged