Normal Topic Printing forms to a full page (Read 884 times)
Janko

No personal text

Printing forms to a full page
Apr 14th, 2005 at 1:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
Dear users,

When I print one of my forms, it shrinks its size on the printed form significantly.  Right now we just blow it up on the copy machine by 1.5, but that is excess paper and time.  I tried saving it as an HTML file, and print through there -- it works, but now it prints too large using about two pieces of paper even if I set it to "Fit to One Page."  I would like to just fit the form to one page (stretch-to-fit).  Anyone know a possible way to do this?  Thanks!

IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Re: Printing forms to a full page
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 5:30pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame scales the form to the page this thread may help a little.

http://www.lantica.com/Forum2/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=archived;action=display...

Following the instructions below fixed mine.

Alex Sent me the following when I had trouble:

Sesame prints a form differently to how Q & A does. It *SCALES* the form to the page. If you take a form not large, and is page shaped - like the customers.db form in the samples - and print it, it will fill the printed page. If you then redesign that form by either making it twice the length or twice the width and then print it again, the detail area of the form will be much smaller, The whole page is scaled to fit. So, its seems that your sesame form is considerably bigger then the area that contains your layout elements, it may be to long or to wide or both. If you open it in Sdesigner and make the form smaller I think you may find it will print much more to your liking.

To resize your form click in a empty area and press shift + arrow keys. If you find you can't make it any smaller, there may be a layout element which is not properly visible, like a self colored one or a static. Rubber band the area and it might show up. If doesn't work, right click on the form and select "delete Q&A line draw characters" if that option appears. You sometimes get this even if there is no Q&A line-draw visible. You won't have to do this more than once.

IP Logged

Janko

No personal text

Re: Printing forms to a full page
Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2005 at 8:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
Dear ProudPoppy,

Thank you kindly!  It worked and helped very much!

IP Logged