Normal Topic Follow-Up Scheduler, (Read 963 times)
Janko

No personal text

Follow-Up Scheduler,
Apr 14th, 2005 at 1:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
Dear all,

I used the sample program supplied in the manual labeled "Follow-Up Scheduler."  We like it, but is there a way to have it warn you upon load-up if ANY of the records have a CallbackTime of the day that you open the form?

All help is appreciated, thanks!

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Re: Follow-Up Scheduler,
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 1:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
Use Sbasic in your on form entry to retrieve all records with callback date equal to @date.

This way when you open the form each time it will display all records needing a call. If you think about it you can even add a field that checks to see if you called it yet today based on time and omit those. I used the zip code sample program in my application so it even knows the time zone, this way it does not present anyone to call before a certain time in each specific state.  Smiley

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 1:50pm
Print Post Print Post  
Or you can program the On Application Open event to do an @XLookupSourceListAll, looking for the records with today's date.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 2:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
There are many ways to achieve this goal based on your specific needs. If you only want it when you open the application use on application programming, If it is needed only on form entry use on form entry programming, Maybe the cleanest would be add a command button named Still to call and have Sbasic code that runs who still needs to be called for the day each time the button is pressed regardless of on form or application opening.

I guess this is the beauty of Sesame, You dream, You think, You get.

As long as you know what exactly you want to do there is most likely ways to do it using Sesame.  Cheesy

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged