Normal Topic Pagination Control (Read 1221 times)
Louis Galvao

"Sufferin' Succatash"

Pagination Control
Apr 21st, 2005 at 6:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
I know there have been many comments and discussions on the above subject to take control of printing.

The direction indicates that this will happen in a future version.  Can we get an approximate timeframe when this future version would be released that incorporates these features ?

Also, one comment to deal with this referred to "adding a new report type".  What does this mean and how would it impact my existing reports that have been created in Sesame  ?

It appears we require these features to further progress in our migration from Q&A to Sesame.

Thanks,

Louis

Louis Galvao

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Pagination Control
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2005 at 6:37pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I know there have been many comments and discussions on the above subject to take control of printing.

The direction indicates that this will happen in a future version.  Can we get an approximate timeframe when this future version would be released that incorporates these features ?

Also, one comment to deal with this referred to "adding a new report type".  What does this mean and how would it impact my existing reports that have been created in Sesame  ?

We can't answer these questions at this time, Louis.

Quote:
It appears we require these features to further progress in our migration from Q&A to Sesame.

Perhaps if you describe your requirements, we might be able to offer suggestions.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2005 at 7:30pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:

As they stand right now (in development), the new report types occur at the time you generate the report. In other words, you build the reports just as you are now, but when the report is "run", you select the new generation/rendering type.

Of course, in that this is still in development - things may change.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Louis Galvao

"Sufferin' Succatash"

Reply #3 - Apr 21st, 2005 at 9:58pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks for your responses and update.

To summarize what we are looking for (and it has been addressed in other users' questions throughout the forum), is to enhance the presentation of the reports and to simplify the process of printing them.

Specifically, the reports need titles to repeat on each and every page.  The field names also need to repeat on subsequent pages if applicable.  As you are aware, Q&A allowed you to do this in the Define Page feature and is saved with the report.  This also allows users to distinguish between reports, especially when printing to a network.  Overall, it enhances the professional look of the report which is very important to us.

I agree that the HTML browser (Explorer in our case) is great from the perspective of formatting the data to fit automatically on to the page.  But it adds steps to the process from viewing the report on screen (which I do like), to changing the orientation to landscape in many of our reports, to finally clicking the print button.  This would add time company wide

In addition, we do have a security concern that every report is saved as an HTML file.  The portability of HTML is a risk to our business due to the sensitivity of our client's information.

This is our take on the matter at this point in time and hopefully we can move forward with Sesame.

Thanks,

Louis

P.S.  Without this users forum, I would not have been to accomplish what I have done so far in Sesame.  I look forward to the programming course in June.

Louis Galvao

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #4 - Apr 22nd, 2005 at 12:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Louis,

Thank you for taking the time to lay out your needs so clearly. We are aware that customizable page headers and footers are wanted, as well as landscape orientation. We are working on getting these capabilities into Sesame.

We have developed a new type of report that does not create a file.

We are aware of these concerns, we do take them seriously and we are working to meet these requirements.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Louis Galvao

"Sufferin' Succatash"

Reply #5 - Apr 22nd, 2005 at 12:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
I look forward to your continued development and improvements to Sesame.

I also look forward to continued inter-action with the forum to help our company implement Sesame.

Bye for now and thanks,

Louis

Louis Galvao

IP Logged