Normal Topic Table view (Read 710 times)
Hunkulus

No personal text

Table view
Apr 24th, 2005 at 9:56pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello
Thanks for all the great information you post here.
You guys and girls are doing a wonderful job.

I have just one tiny question.
Is it possible, in table view, to show only the columns you want instead of all of the columns from all the elements of the data base? We used to be able to do this in Q&A. Also when the LE contains only a number such as 2005, table view shows 2005.000000. Record number 4 shows as 4.000000. Those 6 zeros take up a lot of room in the table especially if one has over 200 LE's with many numbers. I have one data base with 192 numbers alone, plus other items such as names and dates. This means there are an extra 1152 zeros in the table for every record. I have 1355 records in the DB (till now) and have to look at over 1.5 Million zeros when comparing the records in table view.
The table is a great feature and I would not like to be without it......but...
it would be nice if we could surpress the zeros and choose only the columns we need to see.
If any one has any way to do this please let me know.
Hunkulus 
Grin

IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Re: Table view
Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2005 at 3:53pm
Print Post Print Post  
You can limit which fields are displayed by creating another form with elements that are bound to only those fields you want to see in the table view.

Unfortunately, the data is displayed in it's raw format when in table view, so there is no way to trim those zeros. And in addition to that, it appears the order of the columns is based on the order that the fields were created - you'll need to manually move them after the table is displayed. (I tried to use a macro to rearrange the columns, but that didn't work.)

It is handy sometimes to see data in it's raw format, but I would like to see a 2nd version of table view in which we would be able to format the data and save which fields are displayed and in which order.

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged