Normal Topic Printing a Record (Read 885 times)
Louis Galvao

"Sufferin' Succatash"

Printing a Record
Apr 29th, 2005 at 7:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
As we all know, HTML sizes the form to fit one page when you print it.  My form contains alot of info on it and I need it to print on more than one page so that it is legible.

So, I set up a Print Record button on my form with programming so that users can get away from the menu feature under Record Commands|Printing.

I tried to use the NewPage feature in the programming to see if it would split the form into 8 1/2 x 11 but that didn't work.  It still shrinks everything into one page.

Programming as follows:

var vRun as Int

//prints current record

If @update Then
{
     vRun = @SelectTreeItem("Search Update Menu!Navigation!Save Record")

vRun = @SelectTreeItem("Search Update Menu!Record Commands!Printing Commands!Print Form")
}

If @add Then
{
     vRun = @SelectTreeItem("Add Data Menu!Navigation!Save Record")

vRun = @SelectTreeItem("Add Data Menu!Record Commands!Printing Commands!Print Form")
}

vRun = ""

NewPage(850, 1100)

Any suggestions would be helpful.  Maybe I mis-understood this NewPage feature.

Thanks,

Louis

Louis Galvao

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Printing a Record
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2005 at 8:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
Louis,

NewPage starts a new page for the PrintString family. It has no effect when printing a form.

Print Form (not HTML) will scale the form to a single page when printing. You can use PrintString, PrintBox, etc. to create a custom routine to print your form, if you need to break it up onto multiple pages.

In addition, the issue of Inside Sesame that is due out shortly contains an article by Bill Halpern which covers creating a separate Form laid out for Printing that may be of help to you.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Louis Galvao

"Sufferin' Succatash"

Reply #2 - Apr 29th, 2005 at 8:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks for the info.  I had a feeling I was using NewPage incorrectly.

HTML - I was thinking reports for some reason.

I will work on incorporating print string, print box to see if I can get it to print on multiple pages.

I notice that with tabs on a form, it will print just the info displayed which is nice.

Also, I am registered for the upcoming programming course at the start of June. Is there a further confirmation to be sent out by your office ?

Thanks,

Louis

Louis Galvao

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2005 at 9:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Also, I am registered for the upcoming programming course at the start of June. Is there a further confirmation to be sent out by your office ?

Confirmations will be sent out about three weeks before the class date. All the June classes have met their minimums, so they are all on.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged