Normal Topic Report Printing  - Wrapping of Text (Read 615 times)
Louis Galvao

"Sufferin' Succatash"

Report Printing  - Wrapping of Text
May 17th, 2005 at 4:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have one report that is giving me fits out of 70 plus.

It seems to want to wrap the info in two specific fields that are Text.  One of the fields in the report is an unbound value that contains a formula that combines the employee name with a  " "  in the middle and is used in most of the other reports that work.

The other field is also an unbound value that picks up the info based on programming associated with a particular month.  This field is a combo box on the database form and is not very wide, but I figured this doesn't or shouldn't matter ?

I changed the orientation of it to Landscape and also changed the paper size to 8 1/2 x 14 as there are a lot of columns.  My margins are set to 0.5 all around in Internet Explorer.

Regardless, all the info should fit onto the legal size paper.  The actual data generated is also correct.

I checked the text/label alignment and in both cases they are Top Left.  The fields beside each are both number fields and are aligned Bottom Right.

I tried changing the width of the unbound value in the report from the standard 0 to 50 but to no avail.

Is there something else I can try ?

Thanks,

Louis

Louis Galvao

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Report Printing  - Wrapping of Text
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2005 at 9:47pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I tried changing the width of the unbound value in the report from the standard 0 to 50 but to no avail.

Have you tried using a much larger value? 50 isn't very wide.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Louis Galvao

"Sufferin' Succatash"

Re: Report Printing  - Wrapping of Text
Reply #2 - May 18th, 2005 at 6:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
I tried increasing the width of the fields to 250, 500, 1000 and 2000 but it had no effect.  I also applied these settings to the respective Group headers but no effect.

In addition, I  tried changing the text alignment to different settings but no effect.

It is wrapping on the report in the following manner:

VAR -
Variable
Salary

The info above has been set up in a combo box on the form.

Thanks,

Louis

Louis Galvao

IP Logged