Normal Topic Wordmerge_MK5 or pages 264-280 help needed (Read 401 times)
billgordon

No personal text

Wordmerge_MK5 or pages 264-280 help needed
Jun 28th, 2005 at 6:08pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am trying to get wordmerge to work in my application I have used Alec Mulveys article from the april 2005 issue of inside sesame and the programming guide pages 264-280 as my basis. I am able to get to the point of creating the Cust_Merge.txt file with the correct header and data. However whatever method I try I cannot get word to get the data.

I tried everything stated in the article at least 25 times. I tried editing Sample merge to have my element names without success. I try following the steps on page 275 to create a word merge document and I always receive the error  word was unable to open data source when I select Cust_merge or any other txt file in my wordmrg directory.

I have tried word 97 and also word 2002 with the same results. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Re: Wordmerge_MK5 or pages 264-280 help needed
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2005 at 5:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bill,

I am far from an expert on wordmerge but I have both versions of word you listed and since nobody else has yet to reply with any ideas I will be glad to see if I can help so either post your code or send me your latest files.

Thanks Smiley

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged