Normal Topic Command Tree (Read 567 times)
ggathens

No personal text

Command Tree
Jul 13th, 2005 at 7:31am
Print Post Print Post  
Starting an application with Command Area closed and deal with it ONLY with command buttons, what kind of problems do I have to encounter?

Regards

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Re: Command Tree
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2005 at 1:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Starting an application with Command Area closed and deal with it ONLY with command buttons, what kind of problems do I have to encounter?

None.

Sesame works just great with the command tree closed and user created Command buttons to accomplish your needs.

The only warning I would give you is to be sure you are making the decision to hide the tree for the correct reason. I originally thought that the tree was too cumbersome for end users and was totally against its use. (Pretty closed minded on my part) I have learned to really like the tree and find that end users do also. Remember Sesame with the use of Sbasic gives you ability to hide levels of the tree and even rename tree items. I would strongly suggest you offer a command button that will make a tree with limited items visible so you can give the tree user interface a fair chance. You may be surprised at the results.   
Smiley

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Louis Galvao

"Sufferin' Succatash"

Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2005 at 3:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
I was able to utilize a command button effectively to hide and access the command tree.

Refer the subject on Opening the Command tree in this forum from a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks,

Louis

Louis Galvao

IP Logged

Louis Galvao

"Sufferin' Succatash"

Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2005 at 4:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
I was able to utilize a command button effectively to hide and access the command tree.

Refer the subject on Opening the Command tree in this forum from a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks,

Louis

Louis Galvao

IP Logged