Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) New Training Classes (Read 1732 times)
Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

New Training Classes
Jul 19th, 2005 at 6:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
The round of Beginners classes went so well last weekend that we've just scheduled another set for September. These are scheduled for weekdays.
You can attend any or all of the three sessions.

Wed Sep 07 - Translating Q&A Databases to Sesame
Thu Sep 08 - Designing Sesame Applications - Beginner-Intermediate
Fri Sep 09 - Programming Sesame With SBasic - Beginner-Intermediate

Also available are the August classes:

Integrating Sesame with External Programs
Aug 12, 2005

Programming Sesame With SBasic - Intermediate-Advanced
Aug 13 and 14, 2005

For an updated class schedule or to register:
http://www.hammerdata.com/sesame_classes.html

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

billgordon

No personal text

Re: New Training Classes
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2005 at 10:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am looking to attend some of the weekday training classes. Do any of the hotels near the training facility offer High Speed Internet Access?

The classes end at 4:00 each day, are most people exhausted by then? do most people attending stay in the same town or stay closer to the bigger cities for restaurants and shopping.

Thank you.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2005 at 12:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I am looking to attend some of the weekday training classes. Do any of the hotels near the training facility offer High Speed Internet Access?

The nearby Hiram Inn has in-room data ports, but I don't know if they are high-speed. The Holiday Inn in Newton Falls (about 20 minutes away) says they offer high-speed internet. Some of the other chain hotels in Newton Falls or Aurora may also offer this.

Quote:
The classes end at 4:00 each day, are most people exhausted by then? do most people attending stay in the same town or stay closer to the bigger cities for restaurants and shopping.

Hopefully, some of the attendees themselves are looking in on the Forum and will respond on this one. From what I could tell, it varied by personality. Some wanted to go out, others did not.

- Hammer
IP Logged

billgordon

No personal text

Reply #3 - Jul 24th, 2005 at 8:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
What city with large hotels is on its way to the training center from Cleveland-Hopkins Int airport? (newton falls?) And how long a drive from it to you?

Thanks

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #4 - Jul 25th, 2005 at 12:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
The Cleveland airport is about 40 miles from the Training Center. There are a number of towns with hotels between the two points including Beachwood, Solon and Aurora. Your best bet is probably to pick your favorite chain hotel and see which of their properties is closest. The hotel sites generally have locator capability. Sites like Google Maps/Local Search can map all the hotels in a particular area, etc.

- Hammer
IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #5 - Jul 25th, 2005 at 5:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
Since the topic is being discussed:

Is there a some major reason I have missed other then no high speed internet not to stay in Hiram?

Is it an easier drive CLE to Solon to Garettsville or  CLE to Aurora to Garrettsville?

Thanks  Smiley

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #6 - Jul 25th, 2005 at 5:51pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Since the topic is being discussed:

Is there a some major reason I have missed other then no high speed internet not to stay in Hiram?

Is it an easier drive CLE to Solon to Garettsville or  CLE to Aurora to Garrettsville?

Thanks  Smiley

Not by my criteria. Hiram Inn is a nice place and the college campus on which it sits is quite beautiful. The main downside is that there are not restaurants within walking distance. I guess it depends on how close to a city you want to be. I personally prefer the quieter country setting. Those who enjoy more activity might want to be in Aurora or Solon or Beachwood.

- Hammer
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #7 - Jul 27th, 2005 at 3:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:

Billgordon,

I checked with Hiram Inn. They do have high-speed internet data ports in all but 4 rooms. If you decide to stay there, make sure you request a room with high-speed internet.

- Hammer
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #8 - Aug 8th, 2005 at 5:56pm
Print Post Print Post  
Just a heads-up: Several dozen people have contacted me to say they were considering attending the September classes. If at least 4 of you do not actually register by Monday Aug 15, the classes will be cancelled. If you are planning on attending this session, please submit your registration within the next few days. Thanks!

- Hammer
IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #9 - Aug 16th, 2005 at 8:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
I just wanted to thank the Hammer Data Team for the great Training classes last weekend. I have been utilizing and implementing so many of the things I learned that my application is starting to shock me at what it can do.

The look on the accounting peoples faces when I pressed a command button in Sesame  and then opened QuickBooks pro and the information was available for them to use was priceless.

I urge everyone on this forum to find the class they need and get to the training center and learn how to achieve there goals with Sesame and Sbasic.

Robert

P.S Mark, I indented the above text but the formatting did not stick. Just wanted to let you know I got it Indent, Indent, Indent.  Cheesy

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #10 - Aug 16th, 2005 at 9:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
It was great to have you, Robert!

BTW, we are considering taking some of the classes on the road during the winter months when travel to Cleveland can be difficult. If you are interested in this, fill out the survey at http://www.hammerdata.com/survey2.html

- Hammer
IP Logged