Normal Topic Keyword reports (Read 961 times)
etejeira

No personal text

Keyword reports
Aug 19th, 2005 at 9:32pm
Print Post Print Post  
When I include a Keywod field in a Sesame report I don't seem to get the same results as when I did it in Q&A.
In Sesame I just get the first content (before the first semicolon) in the report.
Is there a way to get all the multi values of the keyword field in the report as Q&A does?

IP Logged

Foster
Ex Member

Re: Keyword reports
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 9:45pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am leaving work and will not be able to help this weekend.   The quick and dirty is that I had this problem and someone on the team (Ray?) helped by programing the solution.  I think a search through the archives will turn up the references.

IP Logged

robwood_ok

No personal text

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2005 at 7:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
I too would like to know how to get the Q&A style Keyword reports.  I asked over a year ago, and never got a "simple" answer.  I have to export to an outside program, manually split the records, then send that to a word processor for more data massaging.  Very unsatisfactory.

Robert

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2005 at 8:40pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
When I include a Keywod field in a Sesame report I don't seem to get the same results as when I did it in Q&A.
In Sesame I just get the first content (before the first semicolon) in the report.
Is there a way to get all the multi values of the keyword field in the report as Q&A does?

Hello Etejeira,

Are you saying that if a keyword field contains "Apple;Bat;Cat" the only thing that prints out on your report is "Apple"?

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

etejeira

No personal text

Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2005 at 9:37pm
Print Post Print Post  
Not exactly.
What I am saying is that:
if a keyword field contains "Apple;Bat;Cat" and I ask for a report which includes sorting ascending alphabetically for that field, Q&A gave me a report showing
Apple
Bat
Cat
Separately (some people call that exploding) and Sesame just gives me
Apple;Bat;Cat together and I believe that takes away most of the value of a keyword field.
Is there a way of making Sesame behave like Q&A?

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #5 - Aug 29th, 2005 at 9:50pm
Print Post Print Post  
Etejeira,

Yes there is. It takes a little bit of programming to do but it is done in less than 100 lines of code. and can be done several ways. Send an e-mail to Support@lantica.com and ask me for it and I'll be glad to send it to you.

Robert,

What I just said to Etejeira goes for you as well. Send me an e-mail at Support@lantica.com and ask me for the Keyword report sample. It currently has two different ways to build a keyword report. One of the ways uses a standard Sesame Report, which is the way I showed Foster how to do it. The other way builds the entire webpage at the click of a button using X-Commands.

Both ways are under 100 lines of code and I just built them both this afternoon. No need to export to an external program.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged