Normal Topic LINKING L.E.s (Read 639 times)
putermann

No personal text

LINKING L.E.s
Aug 22nd, 2005 at 6:24am
Print Post Print Post  
In an application with several databases that are relationally linked by a common LE, is it possible to have other LEs in the different databases that are all bound to the same field name and would all display data entered in one database in each of the other databases based on the relational link ?

IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Re: LINKING L.E.s
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2005 at 1:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
I believe the only way to do what you want would be with @xlookup's, I use to do it in access but I believe in Sesame it would be best done with the xlookup family.

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2005 at 2:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
You could easily make a form with  full screen size tabs and put each database  on one. This way each DB would be subforms but would also look tlike separate databases. With this method I believe using natural or relational links would give you what you are looking for.

Remember Sbasic and Sesame give you lots of methods to control what you see and when you see it on the screen.

Best of luck with your program.

Smiley

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

putermann

No personal text

Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2005 at 6:40am
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks for the replies - Another way that I'm looking at is to create another form in the database that contains the data I'm interested in that only contains one or two LEs that are linked to the fields of interest (since within a database more than one LE can be linked to the same data field) and then simply use these LEs in a Sub Form LE in the other databases where I want the data to display. I was just hoping there was a direct way I wasn't aware of to link directly like you can do within a database with several forms.

Putermann

IP Logged