Normal Topic Q&A for Windows to Sesame (Read 691 times)
carsten

Carpe Diem

Q&A for Windows to Sesame
Aug 24th, 2005 at 10:30am
Print Post Print Post  
I am currently trying to translate a Q&A (actually German F&A) database to Sesame for a friends business. Whilst the translate runs with minor warnings I cannot see the original form design. I read somewhere that Sesame will only translate the DOS master form, but where is this and is there no chance to retrieve the form designed in Q&A? I obviously would like to be sure about this befor I start "re-inventing" it in Sesame.
regards
Carsten

Carsten&&The Houseman&&"Smiling improves your face value"&&"A Clean House is a Sign of a Wasted Life"&&"Rather Big and Hard then Micro and Soft"

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Q&A for Windows to Sesame
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2005 at 12:05pm
Print Post Print Post  
With Q&A for Windows databases, Sesame's Q&A translator "sees" what Q&A for DOS would see. If you were to open the database using Q&A for DOS, the form design shown is similar to what you will get from the translator.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

carsten

Carpe Diem

Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2005 at 5:05pm
Print Post Print Post  
I need to translate the menue tree and as much as possible of the rest into German. Is there anywhere a textfile with the expressions which I need to translate available or is there maybe even a translation?

Any help apreciated
Carsten

Carsten&&The Houseman&&"Smiling improves your face value"&&"A Clean House is a Sign of a Wasted Life"&&"Rather Big and Hard then Micro and Soft"

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Sep 6th, 2005 at 5:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
One of the Forum members recently did this for himself. Perhaps he will see this thread and share his code.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged