Normal Topic Reconcilling several applications (Read 471 times)
carsten

Carpe Diem

Reconcilling several applications
Sep 8th, 2005 at 8:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have a number of identical databases translated from Q&A which I am redesigning. The problem I encounter is, that the SDesigner tells me the databases may have adifferent format if I want to apply the changes to another DB (of identical structure). I do not even need to make a change, all it takes is to make a reconcile once to one application and when I try to reconcile another I get the error message. When I ignore it the the DBManager deletes all data from the application on open. Even using a backup of the same application has the same effect. Help!!!

Thanks
Carsten

Carsten&&The Houseman&&"Smiling improves your face value"&&"A Clean House is a Sign of a Wasted Life"&&"Rather Big and Hard then Micro and Soft"

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Reconcilling several applications
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2005 at 9:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Carsten,

Do the DB's that you are trying to reconcile have the same Database names inside of them? Or are the Database names all different?

The Database name is the 4th item on the tree when you open the DB in Sesame. Since these are Q&A translated files, the database name will also be the same as the Q&A file name.  So SALES_05.dtf translated into Sesame will have a Database name of SALES_05.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

carsten

Carpe Diem

Re: Reconcilling several applications
Reply #2 - Sep 8th, 2005 at 9:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
The DB names are the same. I even tried it with a backup of the DB I started the design with.

regards
Carsten

Carsten&&The Houseman&&"Smiling improves your face value"&&"A Clean House is a Sign of a Wasted Life"&&"Rather Big and Hard then Micro and Soft"

IP Logged