Normal Topic where to enter command lines (Read 607 times)
miss_doo

half of the people you
know are below average

where to enter command lines
Sep 20th, 2005 at 3:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
hi guys,

i'm trying to set up sesame on our server at work, and have managed to confuse myself (surprise surprise) as to where to enter the command lines for setting up the client-server environment.

i'm assuming that i would do this in the shortcut key (under sesame properties after right clicking on the icon), but i'm not sure and don't want to mess anything up.

can anyone confirm if this is where i enter this command line?  i just can't make sense of it from the installation guide.

thanks in advance!

miss doo

~ miss doo&&&&a burning dog needs no chimney, and time heals all non-fatal wounds

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Re: where to enter command lines
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2005 at 4:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have mine on the Target line of the icon.

open the icon as you described and if your Sesame.exe is in the sesame directory place this on the target line to start the server

C:\Sesame\Sesame.exe -Server (your server name
without the parenthesis)

To start the client

C:\Sesame\Sesame.exe -Client (your server name
without the parenthesis) and then any command line switches for splash or? and then path and db application name

What operating system do you have?

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

miss_doo

half of the people you
know are below average

Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2005 at 6:30pm
Print Post Print Post  
hi bob,

thanks for your reply!

our server is running windows server 2003 for small businesses, and all of our client computers are running XP pro.

so what you're saying is that the target line on the client computers should say:

C:\Sesame\Program\sesame.exe -client (servername)\sesame server (servername) [:port1 :port2]

and for the actual server itself, it should read:

C:\Sesame\Program\sesame.exe -server (servername)\sesame server (servername) [:port1 :port2]

i'm just trying to wrap my brain around this as i set it up, but i'm just confused i guess.  Smiley

~ miss doo&&&&a burning dog needs no chimney, and time heals all non-fatal wounds

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #3 - Sep 20th, 2005 at 6:56pm
Print Post Print Post  
This is exactly what I have in the target box of my server icon

C:\Sesame\sesame.exe -server station10

I have not set any port numbers. I decided to start simple and use the default ports.

This is exactly what I use in the target box on my client machines

C:\sesame\sesame.exe -client station10 -splash c:\sesame\pics\ids5.jpg  c:\sesame\data\pmiMM32.db –Closed

The –spalsh tells Sesame to use Image Ids5.jpg for the splash image and the remainder tells Sesame to start my database pmiMM32.db with the command tree closed.

I can not say if this is the exact correct method, however it has worked flawlessly since I set it up. Smiley

PS the – should be a minus sign

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged