Normal Topic Merged letters (Read 655 times)
wildwood

No personal text

Merged letters
Sep 21st, 2005 at 4:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have several mail-mege letters in my application which open with no problems. However, when I try and send the merged letter as an attachment, from Microsoft Word in an email, the recipient of my email can't open it since it looks for a"Data Source" which his/her computer will not have. How do I send this merged letter as just an ordinary letter to be opened by anyone it is sent to?

Peter

IP Logged

Foster
Ex Member

Re: Merged letters
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2005 at 4:53pm
Print Post Print Post  
At the Univ. of Memphis Libraries we have the same problem.  We were told to send a regular e-mail and just attach the word document to it.  This seems to work fine.

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Re: Merged letters
Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2005 at 7:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
Peter,

I am not sure if I totally understand the problem you are describing, however I believe I had a similar problem as you describe before I created a Autostart macro described in Alec Mulveys article Wordmerge made even easier in the march Inside Sesame.

The problem was it always opened the merge document rather then creating a unique new document automatically. With the directions in Alecs article when I select my wordmerge document it creates a uniquely named document not tied to the templeted word document with the specific customer data. This way the entire letter is unique and stands on its own.

I have no problem either sending the letter as an e-mail or attaching it to an e-mail.

Just something to think about.  Keep us posted Smiley

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged