Normal Topic Radio Button visibility (Read 460 times)
Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Radio Button visibility
Oct 5th, 2005 at 4:01am
Print Post Print Post  
I have been unable to make individual radio buttons ReadOnly or Invisible.  I have come to believe that we cannot currently do that.

I can make the whole Radio Button Group change status, but not the individual buttons.

===========================

For example I have a Radio Group with 8 Status options.  When one option is selected, I would like to then limit the choices that can be selected based on that.  For example if a Job Order is Open, I do not want to be able to change Status to Deleted, but that choice might be OK if the order is not yet released to Production.

The only workaround I have right now is to make multiple Radio Groups that sit in the same position, and change the status of each of those based on value of the "active" Status group.  So if Status3 is selected, the RadioGroup 7 might be "active" (visible and not ReadOnly)  but all others are "inactive" (Invisible and ReadOnly).  But if Status 5 is selected, then RadioGroup2 might be active and the others inactive.

Would like to have an easier option to deal with this.  Is there a tool I have overlooked?  If not, perhaps this might be available in next release?

Thanks for listening.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Radio Button visibility
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2005 at 3:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Bob,

I just tested hiding individual radio buttons here in 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 and it works fine.

Do you get any errors or does it just not work?
Could you post the code that you are using?
Also what event are you using?

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: Radio Button visibility
Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2005 at 2:12am
Print Post Print Post  
Symptom happens when doing Test Program in Program Editor.  Error cursor appears beneath the element name.

Here is a shorter version, same issue:

Radio Group is named OrderType
Options are Purchase Order, Sales Order, Job Order

When PO is selected, then SO and JO should be ReadOnly and/or Invisible so user cannot change after selection.

The sample below is showing four lines that each fail.  Would not normally use all four like this, but just trying to show four line that each fail.

Code
Select All
IF OrderType = "Purchase Order" THEN {
	ReadOnly(rbtnSalesOrder,1)
	ReadOnly(OrderType!rbtnSalesOrder,1)
	visibility(rbtnSalesOrder,0)
	visibility(OrderType!rbtnSalesOrder,0)
	} 

Code is set when Element Changes and when Form is Entered.  Various elements, labels, colors, etc.  are changed based on OrderType.  This allows selection when record is Added, but does not allow changing.  And it also provides proper visual presentation when record is opened in future.

======================
Subsequent Edit:  Embarrassed   Embarrassed
Never mind.  Problem fixed.  Thanks for confirming that feature was available now.

Thanks for forcing me to provide code.  The dummy at this end was using the wrong names for the radio buttons in the coding.  Actual names were rbSalesOrder, etc. not rbtn.....
Carry over from changing my naming conventions. 

Aaaargh! 

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged