Normal Topic Need help with variant of Alec's Merge example (Read 367 times)
Blair Wettlaufer
Members

No personal text

Need help with variant of Alec's Merge example
Oct 11th, 2005 at 10:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi all,

Wondering if someone can help me -- I'm using Alec's example of a mail merge, which is working great.  Now, I'm trying to include some addiitonal data from an XLookupSourceList (so I can look up a sales person's full name, title, extension, and email from their staff ID# over in my staff database).

How would I go about this?  The LEs for the form I'm in are recorded in c:\sesame\wordmrg\LEList.txt (which is the variable vNames)

The compilation of the body of the letter looks like ...

[code]For n = 1 to @CountStringArray(vNames)
     vHeader = vHeader + @AccessStringArray(vNames,n) + "^"
       vData  = vData + @(@AccessStringArray(vNames,n)) + "^"
[/code]

How can I 'insert' data from an xlookupsourcelist command, especially for alec's option to print on multiple records?

Coesper erat: tunc lubriciles altravia circum&&Urgebant gyros gimbiculosque tophi:&&Moestenui visae borogovides ire meatu:&&Et profugi gemitus exgrabuere rathae

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Need help with variant of Alec's Merge example
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2005 at 5:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Blair,

This is just a thoery but I see no problem with it.

In that For loop put an If statement that checks to see in n is whatever number your ID# is. For example if vNames contains

First;Last;City;State;Zip;ID#

your If statement would check to see if n is 6. If it is then you do your XLookupSourceList based on the value in ID#. If there is no error, then parse the return value out and add the element names that you are retrieving to the vHeader string and add the values to vData.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged