Normal Topic Popup Menu Conundrum (Read 445 times)
Blair Wettlaufer
Members

No personal text

Popup Menu Conundrum
Oct 27th, 2005 at 7:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
With everyone who knows Sesame inside-out in Vegas, I doubt I'll get a staff expert, but hey, someone might know this ...

I've got a field on element entry that gets popupmenu button that comes up with all sorts of choices, in case the user wants to change what's in that field.  Right now, if you hit escape, if blanks the field -- is there a way to keep the existing text in that field as a "default"?

Thanks!
Blair

Coesper erat: tunc lubriciles altravia circum&&Urgebant gyros gimbiculosque tophi:&&Moestenui visae borogovides ire meatu:&&Et profugi gemitus exgrabuere rathae

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Popup Menu Conundrum
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2005 at 7:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
With everyone who knows Sesame inside-out in Vegas, I doubt I'll get a staff expert, but hey, someone might know this ...

I've got a field on element entry that gets popupmenu button that comes up with all sorts of choices, in case the user wants to change what's in that field.  Right now, if you hit escape, if blanks the field -- is there a way to keep the existing text in that field as a "default"?

Thanks!
Blair

Well, I'm not sure if I'll count as a staff expert or anything. But can you check the return value (a variable) for the function you are calling to bring up the popup and not assign the LE from the variable if the variable is blank?
Code
Select All
var aa as string

aa = @PopupMenu(List, Header)
  if(aa <> "")
  {
    MyLE = aa
  }

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Blair Wettlaufer
Members

No personal text

Re: Popup Menu Conundrum
Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2005 at 7:30pm
Print Post Print Post  
I certainly count you as an expert!

Thanks -- one more step towards making my Sesame app live on Nov 7th!

Coesper erat: tunc lubriciles altravia circum&&Urgebant gyros gimbiculosque tophi:&&Moestenui visae borogovides ire meatu:&&Et profugi gemitus exgrabuere rathae

IP Logged