Normal Topic Retrieve Specs CAN BE COPIED (Read 195 times)
SpencerWulwick
Members

Retrieve Specs CAN BE COPIED
Oct 30th, 2005 at 3:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi -

This is such a wonderful feature, I want to be sure that others are aware of it.

Recently, I have been doing extensive data entry for days on end and frequently have to switch from add mode to search (to look something up) and then continue with data entry, creating new records, which could be in either add or update mode.

As a result on several occasions I mistakingly entered records while I was in search mode.  When I entered data into a field with on-element-exit programming, and nothing happened I realized, much to my dismay, that I was in the wrong mode.

So, I submitted a suggestion that we have the option of "copying the form to buffer" so that I could "paste" it back into a new record (as we can already do in certain other modes).  WISH GRANTED!  We already have that capability; it's just (undertandably) not an item listed on the menu.  F11 will copy the record and Shift/F11 will allow us to paste it back into a new record.

Since I did this several times and the entries consisted of a large amount of data, it was really annoying to have to re-enter everything.  So, now if I repeat the mistake (and I undoubtedly will), my labor will not have been wasted.  I can simply copy it and save it in a new record.

Once again, I just wanted to share this in the hope that it will help others.  If I was not aware of this feature, I'm sure there are others who may not be, as well.

Thanks to Ray Yoxall for giving me this juicy bit of info (by e-mail) in response to the suggestion I had submitted.

- Spencer

** Practice random kindness & senseless acts of beauty!
IP Logged