Normal Topic Replacement for Q&A @Count? (Read 381 times)
Blair Wettlaufer
Members

No personal text

Replacement for Q&A @Count?
Nov 1st, 2005 at 11:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi all,

I'm building a replacement report from my old Q&A program, and I need a way to do the following.

In the report writer, I faked a cross-tab report by having a series of invisible fields with a Date, and Priority Number, and then a series of invisible fields that would flag a column with the value PRX, or "" (@TEXT(#10=1,"PR1").  That way, if I have an invisible line showing a file with 6/10/2005, Priority 5, calculation field PRI-5 would have the value "PR5" in it.

In Q&A we used the command @count(Field) to count the number of occurrences that had "PR5" and give a total.  @Count doesn't exist in Sesame Report Writer, and the Summary calculation box for counting won't give me a selective total. 

What's a good substitution?

Thanks!
Blair

Coesper erat: tunc lubriciles altravia circum&&Urgebant gyros gimbiculosque tophi:&&Moestenui visae borogovides ire meatu:&&Et profugi gemitus exgrabuere rathae

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Replacement for Q&A @Count?
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2005 at 6:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Blair,

You will need to write a multi-pass report. If you click on the View Header you will get an option to add another view. You will want to add the new view before the current one. This new view will be used to get data, such as your count, and store it in static variables declared in Global Code.

The new view will run through your result set and then the report will  advance to the next view which will also run thorugh your records and you can grab values in this view that you populated in the other view.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged