Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Sesame 2.0 Info wanted. (Read 2437 times)
BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Sesame 2.0 Info wanted.
Nov 2nd, 2005 at 3:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
Somebody Please tell us what was said about Sesame 2.0 at the users conference! Is there any idea on a release date!

In this month Inside Sesame on page 5 it lists some more of the new Sbasic commands. I am blown away at the new commands. The ones listed for use with subforms makes my year alone but then throw in @FormAsDialog — Allows the programer to bring up the specified form
as a popup dialog box.and a few others and my century is taken care of.  After listening to the mixed comments from users about the Menu tree I am sure many users will be ecstatic over the new control you give us users of the Menubar.

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Re: Sesame 2.0 Info wanted.
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2005 at 3:45pm
Print Post Print Post  
We are ECSTATIC about the @FormAsDialog command. We are using a series of @popups to get a task done, and when a user makes an error, they have to repeat the entire process from the beginning of the program.

Having a popup 'form' that the user can enter data into will be a dream come true!

I can't wait!

Steve

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2005 at 6:59pm
Print Post Print Post  
One of the 2.0 things that was shown at the User's conference was the vastly improved Program Editor. Some of the new features include Scrollbars, Global Search/Replace, Ability to change Font size, Indent/Unindent features, Function Browser(Built in Functions, Elements on the current form, and Fonts installed on your computer), Sorted Element Browser, Find Element by name, a Right Click Menu with the common choices, Resizing window resizes the editor not the error window, Overwrite mode, about two pages of shortcut keys, Case insensitive Search/Replace and others.

The Field Editor now also has scroll bars, a right click menu and hot keys such as CTRL + Left and CTRL + Right, among other things.

and there is more. A whole lot more, I just happen to be partial to the new Programming Editor. I'm certain some of the people that were there can chime in with what they saw.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2005 at 10:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
Other new features:

1.  Quick Reports, similar to Q&A for fast, simple columnar reports.

2.  Standard Report Designer now has rows, reading Top to Bottom, vs. left to right columns.  More like Access, Crystal Reports layouts.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

PianoMan
Members

No personal text

Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2005 at 10:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame 2.0? Look out! It is going to be awsome! On Saturday, Erika went through most of the major additions and changes, and we were applauding in awe and happiness for two hours. Here are some of my favorites:

Table View has been redone from the ground up. It has a very nice look, you can set a spec for what elements you want to see, it columns retain their back/fill color, programming will execute.

Program editor will scroll if for if you have a lot of lines of code. There are now a multitude of key strokes that work in Program Editor. You can work with a list of all of Sesame’s commands and all the elements on your form, so you don’t have to type.

You will be able to design “quick” reports directly from the database, without needing to go to designer. They are really easy to design, too!

There is a whole new group of X commands that will be very powerful. For example, say you are filling out an order for a new customer and want to add the customer to your Customer database. You will be able to do so without ever entering your customer database. That is just great!

IP Logged

Foster
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2005 at 11:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
Please tell me if it will print multiple forms on one page like Access or old Q&A.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

on computers now!

Reply #6 - Nov 3rd, 2005 at 12:58am
Print Post Print Post  
We saw a display of printing forms just like printing labels. 

Started with one form on the page, and then had 8 records of the same form on one page, two columns, and 4 rows.

Just designated how many columns and rows. and the form records were forced to fit on one page.
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2005 at 10:29pm by Bob_Hansen »  

Bob Hansen
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
IP Logged

Foster
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 3rd, 2005 at 3:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
I was hoping to be able to print 3 or more different forms to a page similar to what Access and old Q&A can do. I know I can print what I need with a lot of programing but the other programs can do it from menues. Smiley  It would just make life a little easier. Cheesy  I keep hoping and hoping and hoping ... Grin

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #8 - Nov 3rd, 2005 at 3:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
Foster,

Do you mean different forms or just different records from the same form?

The new feature, that Bob explained, allows you to print for example 10 records on one page. 2 columns and 5 rows. Like this
Record 1 Record 2
Record 3 Record 4
Record 5 Record 6
Record 7 Record 8
Record 9 Record 10

all on one page.

-Ray

ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
IP Logged

Foster
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 3rd, 2005 at 4:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
Embarrassed My error for not being able to tell difference between the word form and record. You are correct. That is what I have been wanting to do! Grin Grin  Thank you!

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #10 - Nov 7th, 2005 at 9:51pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Embarrassed My error for not being able to tell difference between the word form and record. You are correct. That is what I have been wanting to do! Grin Grin  Thank you!

You are welcome Foster. We know you have been wanting to do it, which is why development implemented it. The opposite of it, multiple pages for one record, was put in just the other day.

I know there are others on this forum that have seen the 2.0 demo. I'm sure they will chime in with other features.

-Ray

ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

on computers now!

Reply #11 - Nov 7th, 2005 at 10:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
Don't forget the ability to modify the Menu Bar: Adding/Modifying/Deleting items.  No longer restricted to the Default Sesame Menu Bar.

AND a new Default (MainMenu ?) page that does not require a lot of programming as is currently done.

AND commands to allow a list of all reports for a form and a list of all reports for an application.  Should be much easier to make a menu driven report selector.

AND the use of INI files to customize Sesame even further for fonts, positions, sizes, etc. 

AND replacement of the Sesame Logo on the Application Screen.

Bob Hansen
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #12 - Nov 8th, 2005 at 9:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
AND replacement of the Sesame Logo on the Application Screen.

You can replace the splash image in the current version of Sesame. Replacing that image with a startup form is the newly added feature.

or were you referring to the ability to set an image scheme to the Sesame window.

-Ray

ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

on computers now!

Reply #13 - Nov 9th, 2005 at 12:11am
Print Post Print Post  
I know we can replace the splash screen now, but I must have been referring to your phrase Quote:
referring to the ability to set an image scheme to the Sesame window.
.  I did not know the correct terms to refer to. 

Perhaps you can provide a better explanation of what we saw and can do.  Was that part of the INI features?  We saw so many new features that many of us were overwhelmed.  Thanks again for all the new upcoming tools.

Bob Hansen
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #14 - Nov 9th, 2005 at 2:38pm
Print Post Print Post  
The Image Scheme is part of the new INI file and also an addition to the command line -Scheme option. You could specify it in either place.

-Ray

ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print