Normal Topic Using reports on a web site (Read 214 times)
The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Using reports on a web site
Nov 13th, 2005 at 1:21am
Print Post Print Post  
Spencer asked (in another thread):
Quote:
Lastly, I would be very interested in how the HTML format enables viewing reports on web-sites.  How, for example, could I post a report to my web-site?

All web pages are in HTML format. To place a Sesame report on your website, transfer the sesame report HTML file to your web server using whatever means you ordinarily use to transfer files to your web server. Place the report in the appropriate directory for your website. Rename it as you may wish. Create a link from any of your existing pages to the report HTML file.

If you use any of the available web site "synching" utilities, generate the report to a directory under the synch'd directory tree. Create an appropriate link on an existing web page. Synch your directory to your web server.

If you are using a web page editor with transfer capability, open the report in the editor. Transfer the page to the preferred directory on your web server. Open the linking web page from your web server in your editor, create a link to the report. Transfer the linking page back to the web server.

If your report contains images, do not forget to transfer them to either the same directory as the report or the designated image directory for your web server. The images will be generated by Sesame in the same directory as the report.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged