Normal Topic @Ditto on a Tab (Read 409 times)
NICEBERG
Members

I came, I saw, I'm still
trying to figure it out!

@Ditto on a Tab
Nov 18th, 2005 at 1:50pm
Print Post Print Post  
The @ditto feature does not seem to work for TEXT when viewing a database displayed on a TAB as a spreadsheet.

My app has two databases, WorkOrders and Cost. I have Cost displayed as a spreadsheet on one of my Tabs. The first three elements in Cost are: Rec_No; Equip and Qty. I had envisioned filling in the first line on the spreasheet view and then, when tabbing to Rec_No beginning with the second and subsequent lines, using @ditto to copy the Rec_No and Equip from the previous line and jumping to the Qty field. The numbers copy, but not the Equip (text).

I went back to the Cost database, and the @di works as anticipated, so I'm sure the programming is okay. This happens in both Preview and in the live Application.

Any thoughts?
Regards,
Fred

IP Logged

NICEBERG
Members

I came, I saw, I'm still
trying to figure it out!

Re: @Ditto on a Tab
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2005 at 2:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
I forgot to mention - if I tab through the Equip element to Qty, I can left-arrow and the Equip will ditto. Also, stopping in the Equip element, I can F5 to ditto. There are very few of us using this app, so it's not a big deal. It would be nice not to have to remember to do it all the time though.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: @Ditto on a Tab
Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2005 at 2:58pm
Print Post Print Post  
Can you use @FormFieldValue instead? Ditto is very dependent on focus to determine previousness. So if you focus on the first row and then, using the mouse, jump to the third row, the first row will ditto, not the second.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged