Normal Topic MS Word Mail Merge (Read 450 times)
North_Guy

No personal text, yet.

MS Word Mail Merge
Nov 18th, 2005 at 5:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
Just wondering if someone has had this problem and can help me out, like I've experience here in the past. I am trying to use Word to perform a mail merge on a Sesame database across a network that I've setup as a ODBC data source.  Locally I have no problem with doing this other than Word and MS Query seem to somehow get around the username and password and retrieves the data from the Sesame database without even prompting me to enter one. But MS Query hangs when trying to retrieve the data over the network. I get the listing of the fields and tables of the ODBC Sesame database from within MS Query and select the ones I want to retrieve but at the final step when I try to retrieve the data to word and click the finish button MS Query hangs. The actual network connection to the database is fine and the server is up and running and in use. Could it be that Sesame isn't allowing MS Query retrieve the data because its not supplying a username/password?, and if so does anyone know how to supply it since I'm not getting prompted for one?

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: MS Word Mail Merge
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2005 at 2:34am
Print Post Print Post  
Just for test purposes, try removing the user names and passwords from the Sesame application and see if that change the behavior.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

North_Guy

No personal text, yet.

Re: MS Word Mail Merge
Reply #2 - Nov 23rd, 2005 at 8:56pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks for the response, I will try that and post the outcome.

IP Logged