Normal Topic Small Email Question (Read 1061 times)
Blair Wettlaufer
Members

No personal text

Small Email Question
Nov 19th, 2005 at 3:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hey all!

In my contact manager, I have an send email command button that runs @Asynchshell("mailto: "+vEmail) ... and it creates a noteline for me.  However, it'd be great if I could send an email, and put the body of the email into my notes.

Is there a way with outlook express and the mailto: function that would allow me to dump in a variable or an I/O file into the body of an email?

Thanks!

Coesper erat: tunc lubriciles altravia circum&&Urgebant gyros gimbiculosque tophi:&&Moestenui visae borogovides ire meatu:&&Et profugi gemitus exgrabuere rathae

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Small Email Question
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2005 at 3:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
I don't understand. Are you trying to get a variable into the body of the email, or get the body of the email into a variable?

In either case, get/set the variable when building the text of the email before you pass it to ASyncShell.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Blair Wettlaufer
Members

No personal text

Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2005 at 3:34pm
Print Post Print Post  
Umm ... yes to both solutions.  I'd be good with either.

I figured it'd be easier to hit the email button, get the user to type in an email message which is saved to a variable (and included in my notes), but I don't know what to do with that variable beyond that, to work with that variable externally.

To clarify, do you know how to attach something to a body of an email in Outlook Express?

Coesper erat: tunc lubriciles altravia circum&&Urgebant gyros gimbiculosque tophi:&&Moestenui visae borogovides ire meatu:&&Et profugi gemitus exgrabuere rathae

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2005 at 4:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
Are you assembling the content of the email in SBasic?

IP Logged

Blair Wettlaufer
Members

No personal text

!Re: Small Email Question
Reply #4 - Nov 19th, 2005 at 4:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
I think so.

I'd like to @prompuserforinput for the Message Header and then the Message Bdy.

It just occurred to me -- If I can get the sBasic variables to play outside in Outlook Express, I can do fun things like automated emails, and mass mailings!  Shocked

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - Nov 19th, 2005 at 9:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
Have you considered the @SendMail function?

Ray would be more familiar with this than me, but there must be some way that the data is getting from SBasic to Outlook. No matter how that is done, it means that you can add to that data using SBasic. Are you looking at a specific example?

IP Logged

Blair Wettlaufer
Members

No personal text

Reply #6 - Nov 20th, 2005 at 1:54am
Print Post Print Post  
Ooooooo ... I must have overlooked @sendmail in the Programming Guide ... I just read it over, and that'll do the trick just fine!

Thanks!

IP Logged