Normal Topic SAVING A TABLE (Read 470 times)
LMH

No personal text

SAVING A TABLE
Nov 26th, 2005 at 3:27am
Print Post Print Post  
After I create a database called customers and import the data from another database in csv, I cannot get the data to be saved for the next time I open the database.  I tell the program to save the file and it does, but when when I reopen the database I have to reimport the data.  I do not want to have to do this.  I want the data there when I open the file. I feel sure it is something I am doing wrong.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct???

Thanks.
Larry

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: SAVING A TABLE
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2005 at 5:26am
Print Post Print Post  
Can you tell me what steps you are taking after you have done the import and reopened the file?

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

LMH

No personal text

Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2005 at 3:49am
Print Post Print Post  
I appreciate your response.  I have taken some time to retry to build the db's an the application.  I followed the manual as best as I could understand it and I am still not able to find the data after I reopen the application.  I did my layouts and saved them as suggested in the instructions.  I then went to data add and imported the needed files for each db I had created.  I was able to see the data and look at the table.  All data was correct and in the db's.  I then hit the save button and closed the application.  When I reopened the application in Preview there is no data saved in the db's.  I would have to import the files again to each of the db's that were created.  Please advise what I am doing wrong???

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2005 at 1:45pm
Print Post Print Post  
Could you be specific in regard to the steps you taking to "see the data"? It sounds like you may be looking in the .dsr (designer file) file as opposed to the .db (runtime file) file, or you may be importing into the .dsr file and looking for the data in the .db file. Either that, or you are looking for the data in add mode as opposed to search mode.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged