Normal Topic Reconcile Feature (Read 590 times)
Louis Galvao

"Sufferin' Succatash"

Reconcile Feature
Dec 1st, 2005 at 10:37pm
Print Post Print Post  
Everytime I reconcile an application, I get a little tense when there is a list of applications to choose from.

Is it possible in future releases to clearly show which application has been selected to be reconciled ?

For example, when the Recocnile Application Options window appears, it could possibly say the filename at the top of the window.

Just my thoughts and although I know I should backup before reconciling, is it really feasible to backup each and every time.

Thanks,

Louis

Louis Galvao

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Reconcile Feature
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2005 at 10:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Everytime I reconcile an application, I get a little tense when there is a list of applications to choose from.

Is it possible in future releases to clearly show which application has been selected to be reconciled ?

For example, when the Recocnile Application Options window appears, it could possibly say the filename at the top of the window.

Yeah, probably.
Quote:
Just my thoughts and although I know I should backup before reconciling, is it really feasible to backup each and every time.

If you know that there have been no changes (no other users altering records, etc...) in the .db file you are reconciling to, since you started designing - you can skip the reconcile completely and just do a "save as new app" instead. If you use an entirely new filename, it creates an automatic backup.

Quote:
Thanks,

Louis

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Louis Galvao

"Sufferin' Succatash"

Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 1:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
Mark:

I have used the save as new application in some circumstances but prefer to keep the directory clean with only the live apps.

Thanks for your reply,

Louis

Louis Galvao

IP Logged

digimom1962

Natalie Gann

Reply #3 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 4:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
I suggested something similar in March and Erika has it on her "todo" list as of then.

~Natalie

So much time and so little to do . . . strike that, reverse it.
YIM YIM  
IP Logged