Normal Topic Exporting fields without data, (Read 366 times)
Janko

No personal text

Exporting fields without data,
Dec 2nd, 2005 at 5:44pm
Print Post Print Post  
Good morning all!

After seeing Sesame in a more glorious form (thanks to a friendly Lantica goer), I have decided to try and change our current DB.

We have close to 4k records, and I want to export just the fields, but not the data corresponding to the fields.  I will export and import that after I create the same fields in my NEW db.  What I am looking for is just a list of them without the data, so I can make an easy print-out of it and just add fields in order.

Anyone know of a way to do this?  I looked over the Export function but after searching/trying to export 0 records it gave me an error.

Thanks for any and all help all!

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Exporting fields without data,
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 6:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello,

There are a couple ways to do this.

One way is to do an export of one record and turn on Field Name Headers. Once you have your exported file simple delete the record that was exported and you have the headers.

Another way is to program a Mass Update that uses some of the Element Reference commands on pages 113-120 of the Sesame 1.1 Programming Manual. Using these commands you can also print out the Bound to type so you know the field type of each field.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Janko

No personal text

Re: Exporting fields without data,
Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 6:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you, Ray!