Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) In the continuing saga (Read 2426 times)
Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: In the continuing saga
Reply #15 - Dec 9th, 2005 at 7:50pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
It is clear that you are still misunderstanding me.
Not any more.  This last message made it clear to me what you are talking about doing.  I will be able do design web pages with query fields to pass SQL types of queries to Sesame and let a reply come back for my management.  That is good.  Can create Guestbooks, registrations, query status of misc., etc.  Can provide a Reply email, and an acknowledgement page, and all other normal reactions.  Grin Grin

But, that will still not provide an HTTP Request function that was my original request.   So it may be that now that I am understanding you, you may still not be understanding me.  ???

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: In the continuing saga
Reply #16 - Dec 9th, 2005 at 8:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
Yes I am understanding you. But I already replied that it is likely that there will be a generic TCP/IP interface (client side) in 2.0. It will work similarly to the file I/O commands currently in Sesame, but will open/close/read & write to the net. That would allow to carry on a conversation with a web server, email server, POP/IMAP, etc... any TCP/IP protocol.

The problem with anything like this is that it is a support nightmare. The rules keep changing depending on platform and (in the case of MS) whim.

I am not entirely sure that fileOpen cannot do that now. It can open, for example the COM: interface. Maybe it can open the NET: interface as well. I've never tried it.

-----------------------------------------

On the original subject (bidirectional pipes): I have something working very well on Linux. But MS does not support process forks or stdio (in Win32 programs). Grrrrrrrr!

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print