Normal Topic Input forms like Q & A for Windows? (Read 792 times)
esgage

No personal text

Input forms like Q & A for Windows?
Dec 8th, 2005 at 2:47pm
Print Post Print Post  
Please help:
Does anyone out there know a way to use Sesame like Q & A for Windows with the various input forms. I have figured out how to use field names and binding them together as well as designing multiple forms on the same database. I also have figured out how to use the command button and the @SelectTreeItem to go easily from one form to another. My problem is I need a way to use this feature like Q & A for windows where if you are in a certain record you can switch between various forms and be in that same exact record. Q & A for Windows had a nice pull down menu where you could easily accomplish this task. I have not seen that kind of thing in Sesame yet. It looks like a great database, I just need it like mentioned above. We typically have one record that contains lots of info and one form would be too much. For example I have an order record, but I would like to swith to the purchases form and be on the same record as  the order one, then switch to be on the same invoice form and be in the same record, etc.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin H
E & S Gage

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Re: Input forms like Q & A for Windows?
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2005 at 3:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame will easily do what you want Actually Sesame gives you even better ways to accomplish your goals. You can either create command buttons that will bring you to your different forms or I have found using the incredible Sbasic commands for visibility it works great to have the same form but based on the form button you select the Layout elements appear and disappear. There are commands that allow you to move the elements so the form can be chameleon like and represent what you would like to see at any particular moment.

I also used QAWIN as you described and attempted to emulate it exactly. I have now learned my users like the way I am doing it in Sesame even better.

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2005 at 3:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Kevin,

If you send an e-mail to support@lantica.com I have a sample of how to do this. Just ask for the SwitchForms.DB sample.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

esgage

No personal text

Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2005 at 3:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
BobScott:

Thanks for the tips. I am not sure if I asked the question correctly. I did make a button to go between the forms using the @SelectTreeItem command in the programming, BUT it did not seem to be in the SAME record as the one I was on before I pushed the button. It was entering a new record and when I tried to go back to the previous record put in on the other form, it was not visible in the current form. Specifically can you direct me on how to switch between forms? Since you were using Q & A for Windows like me you can relate. For example, I am in a retrieve spec in a fictional "orders" form. I bring up 1 known record in the database for everything "pink". I would like to be STILL in the receive spec in that "pink" result set and go back and forth between the forms in the SAME database. Am I making sense?

Thanks for the time!  Cheesy

IP Logged

esgage

No personal text

Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2005 at 4:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ray:

That would be excellent, I have sent you an e-mail and look forward to seeing it.

Thanks,

Kevin

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #5 - Dec 8th, 2005 at 4:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
Kevin,

You should have it by now. I sent it out at 10:32 EST.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged