Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) general help/advice (Read 2873 times)
SpencerWulwick
Members

Re: general help/advice
Reply #15 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 7:06pm
Print Post Print Post  
Erika -

I went ahead and called David.  He didn't know of anyone "off-hand" but was in a rush and said he would call me back this afternoon.  I'll keep you posted.

- Spencer

** Practice random kindness & senseless acts of beauty!
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Reply #16 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 7:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
Spencer.......

We have 18" of snow, and more on the way.  Tampa sounds great!

Want to buy me a round trip ticket and pick up expenses for classes and accomdations?  Will be glad to be forced to attend under those conditions.  If someone must suffer, I will volunteer to do that.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

SpencerWulwick
Members

Reply #17 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 8:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
But Bob -

I could just pay for an "empty seat."  Erika will make her tuition and have one less participant to require her attention.

I'll save the cost of travel and accommodations.

You'll have to make me a better offer than that, and I'll consider it. Cheesy

- Spencer

IP Logged

SpencerWulwick
Members

Reply #18 - Dec 16th, 2005 at 3:00am
Print Post Print Post  
Erika -

PLEASE BE THERE!

I would like to ask you a fairly quick question about the Tampa training in January.  I tried the office but, of course, got no answer.

If you could PLEASE call me tonight, I would be most appreciative ... and it might just help with the training.

You can reach me at (813) 286-8498 and it is perfectly OK to call up until about 1:00 a.m. this morning (EST).

Thanks!

- Spencer

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #19 - Dec 16th, 2005 at 1:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
Spencer,

I made some calls/emails yesterday and got together enough registrations to schedule the classes. You'll be getting the confirmation message with hotel information today or Monday.

There is still plenty of room in the classes for anyone who wants to register, but I've got enough now to sign the contracts. I'll see you in Tampa in January.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

digimom1962

Natalie Gann

Reply #20 - Dec 16th, 2005 at 3:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
jenglish you are in the right place!

I knew nothing about programming (ok, I STILL don't know that much  Grin) but these guys can get you thru almost anything. And I was also the one in the company "nominated" as computer expert because I understood a bit better than anyone else.

The beginning programming class I attended was wonderful. I highly recomend it if there is one remotely close to you.

They explain the basics of programming without acting superior or leaving you MORE confused than you were before, (I have had classes like that Roll Eyes)

Sesame is great and can do about anything you can figure out how to tell it to do. Most of what I accomplished was from cut & past on this site. After I made use of it I would start to understand so just dive right in.

Foster had very good point I think is worth repeating, download the most recent version of the program. Lots of small annoyances fixed and many new goodies. (Be sure to download the new programming guide too. I forgot that for a while and got SO lost...)

Good luck!
~Natalie

So much time and so little to do . . . strike that, reverse it.
YIM YIM  
IP Logged

SpencerWulwick
Members

Reply #21 - Dec 16th, 2005 at 3:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
OK Y'ALL

Guess where Spencer will be on January 25th and 26th?

JEnglish - C'MON DOWN!!!

- Spencer

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #22 - Dec 16th, 2005 at 3:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Guess where Spencer will be on January 25th and 26th?

I am really happy to see that Tampa worked out.

I never would have thought I would care if there was a class in Tampa or not. But I found myself hoping that people would respond just for Spencer’s sake.

Seeing how Happy Spencer is and knowing how much knowledge and help all the attendees will get, makes me happy also.  Cheesy

Who would have thought software could bring so much happiness.

Sesame is contagious, Long Live Sesame. Smiley

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

jenglish

No personal text

Reply #23 - Dec 16th, 2005 at 6:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi all-
Jeff again.  I just wanted to thank you all for the posts/info/advice.  I can see that this is a great resource.

I've just begun to tinker with the sesame designer tutorials.  I think I will play around with the sample databases for awhile until i gain some confidence. 

tampa in late january sounds great actually- i'll have to see if I can convince the boss to hand over the corporate card....I will most likely try to attend a class with hammer data in tampa or elsewhere.

I'd like to get everyone's opinion in terms of which version of Sesame I need.  The company bought version 1.0 back in January '05 and I think it cost somewhere around $1,000 (and we havent even used it....)  Will 1.0 get the job done for me or do I really need to get the recent version- are the differences that dramatic?  is it cheaper to upgrade vs buying the software from scratch? 

Thanks again everyone for all your help 

-Jeff

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #24 - Dec 16th, 2005 at 7:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I'd like to get everyone's opinion in terms of which version of Sesame I need.  The company bought version 1.0 back in January '05 and I think it cost somewhere around $1,000 (and we havent even used it....)  Will 1.0 get the job done for me or do I really need to get the recent version- are the differences that dramatic?  is it cheaper to upgrade vs buying the software from scratch? 

Thanks again everyone for all your help 

-Jeff

Jeff,

1. If it cost $1000,  then you must have purchased multiple licenses. A single copy of Sesame costs nowhere near that much.

2. UPGRADE NOW!!!! The current version is 1.1.3. If you own 1.0, you need to upgrade ASAP. 1.1 fixed a number of issues reported with 1.0. In addition, we nearly doubled the capabilities of the program between 1.0 and 1.1.

Want to hear the best part?  The upgrade is FREE.  All you need to do is download it. You will need your Customer Number.  If you don't have it, contact Customer Service and they'll look it up for you. The download page is here:
http://www.lantica.com/Support/downloads.html

If needed, contact info is here:
http://www.lantica.com/Company/contact.html

As to the classes, it would be great to have you in Tampa. If you want to register, go here:
http://www.hammerdata.com/sesame_classes.html

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print