Normal Topic subform-bug or feature? (Read 339 times)
albeamer
Members

No personal text

subform-bug or feature?
Dec 17th, 2005 at 10:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'm not sure if this is a bug or feature, but it looks strange.  I have a couple of databases that have multiple forms.  Form 1 of database A uses Form 1 of database B as a subform.  Form 2 of database A uses Form 2 of database B as a subform.  The databases and forms seem to be working correctly, but my list of forms now shows 3 listings of the subform database and its forms.  Each time I make a change to any of those forms, the changes are made to the other versions of that form. 

Is there some reason that such interconnected forms should not be created?  Does it matter which of the identical forms I change or link? 

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: subform-bug or feature?
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2005 at 10:58pm
Print Post Print Post  
Its a feature. Sesame allows a form to appear under more than one parent and across databases. The command tree tries its best to accurately demonstrate the relationship of the parts.

Is this something you should do ordinarily? Only if you have a specific need for it. If you need the same data, in the same form, under differing parent forms, then you can do so. Whether you should, is a question about the requirements of your particular application.

As always, the simplest solution that meets the requirements, is the preferred solution.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged