Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Sesame in Linux (Read 2282 times)
The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Sesame in Linux
Reply #15 - Dec 25th, 2005 at 4:11am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Thanks Mark, I downloaded SuSe 9.1 last night and I dropped by my office and installed it, it seems alot better than any of the other dist's I've tried, so I suppose, I will try and use that one, the printer problem I'm having was still there in SuSe, also the problem with the brower so I'll work to figure out these two problems.

1.The printer is being sent a command to print, but between Sesame and cups its getting lost, I'll try your suggestions on Tuesday, the printer is a dot matrix panasonic kxp3626 24-pin and none of the linux dist's have the proper driver I'am having to use a epson LQ-24 driver as suggested by panasonic.It will not print anything from Sesame in the form of lines and boxes only text, but in open office it prints lines and boxes perfect?? The print command that does not work is the "print form to default" command "when clicked turns red for a while nothing never happens". The "print form to default(no background)" prints fine, but text only.

Very likely the driver is not sufficient. Try printing a postscript document. If that works we should be able to get Sesame printing.
Quote:
2.The reports not appearing in the brower problem was evident in SuSe also but the web brower was konquer, I installed firefox with "yast" but didnot get a chance to test it before I had to leave. But I could tell that the SuSe dist was by far a very stable version. Again Thanks for all your suggestions !!!
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to All !!!

Thanks. Happy holidays to you too!

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Don Newlin

No personal text

Reply #16 - Sep 7th, 2007 at 8:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Proudpoppy,

I found out why Sesame won't come up in Ubuntu. It isn't crashing. It is refusing to run because Ubuntu does not include one of the libraries that Sesame wants: libstdc++.so.5. Ubuntu includes libstdc++.so.6 instead. I'm looking into how to install the compatibility libraries on Ubuntu.

To run on systems that use libstdc++.so.6, you need to install the package: compat-libstdc++-33. It should be available where ever you got your Linux distribution and installable using you "software manager" or "package manager" or "update manager".

We encountered a similar problem trying to run Sesame on SME Server v7.2  Linux.  This Linux distribution is a very compact installation, taking about 20 minutes to install, and has been around for a number of years.  It doesn't have a GUI interface installed, but with the new Sesame client administration option, this is not a major problem. It is available from http://www.smeserver.org/

The following steps have made it work for us:

1. copy libstdc++.so.5.0.6 to /usr/lib/

2. create symlink to libstdc++.so.5 with the command:

ln -s /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0.6 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5

IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Reply #17 - Sep 8th, 2007 at 6:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks for the reply, I gave up on Xandros and moved to Suse and its working fine.  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print