Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) MAJOR CATASTROPHE - PLEASE HELP (Read 2216 times)
SpencerWulwick
Members

Re: MAJOR CATASTROPHE - PLEASE HELP
Reply #15 - Dec 28th, 2005 at 6:55pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi -

Well I spent the entire day yesterday and last night trying to identify and replace missing records.

At least as far as the reunion is concerned, I now have all of the appropriate records in place and have been able to input new information. 

I was not able to identify any additional missing records; however, that is not to say that there aren't any.  But, I am certain that it would not be a major problem.  As with everying else in life, nothing is perfect - so what the heck!  lol

I do have a question about the Image Layout Element now that I have removed it from the initial value spec.

Do you think it is safe to use an "if/then" statement to add an image value?  For example, IF someone is attending the reunion AND the image path is blank, THEN I want to insert Need Photo.jpg. 

Thanks!

- Spencer

** Practice random kindness & senseless acts of beauty!
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #16 - Dec 28th, 2005 at 7:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Spencer,

Yes an If Then statement should be fine. The problem had to do with an actual initial value not with programming.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

SpencerWulwick
Members

Reply #17 - Dec 28th, 2005 at 7:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ray -

I just added the if/then statement and it works like a charm.  For my particular needs, this is probably a better solution than an initial image value, anyhow.  Too bad that I hadn't thought of using that, in the first place.  lol

- Spencer

** Practice random kindness & senseless acts of beauty!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print